Music visualizations on extenders?

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
EZEd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Music visualizations on extenders?

Post by EZEd » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:03 pm

When I'm using WMC7 straight from my PC to the TV I can using the Windows Media Player visualizations (and 3rd party add ons) while playing music. But when I use my XBox360 or my Linksys DMA2100 the only option I have is to view pictures and the cover art wall while listening to music. Did anyone in the community ever come up with an add-on or find a native registry hack where visualizations like either Windows Media Player or Soundspectrum could be used on an extender while listening to music? I searched the forum but didn't find anything. And Google has no clue what I'm talking about. With the Xbox I can listen to music with its native music player and it has visualizations but that means I have to come out of WMC. That native player is also very clunky and hard to use for getting to the songs you want to play.

If anybody knows about or uses anything that allows displaying visualizations while listening to music on an extender inside of WMC please pass along.

Thx
EZEd

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Odd timing... This came up for the first time ever over the weekend, as my kids wanted the visualizations for some music they were playing. My searches says it is not possible, but I'd be interested in learning otherwise!

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:17 pm

Yeah it sucks having to get out of WMC to use visualizations. And that's only on Xbox. The Linksys extender doesn't have a native music player so you get nothing but WMC interface and either the cover art wall or photos slideshow. I would like to get more visual appeal inside of WMC for the extenders