Xbox360 extender and MyMovies apps

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
tangoalpha

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox360 extender and MyMovies apps

Post by tangoalpha » Sun May 29, 2016 7:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in adding Xbox360 extenders to either of the current Android or Apple app versions of MyMovies (developed by Binnerup)? I can add the host PC, but none of my extenders. I've sought help on MyMovies forum, but support falls short of a solution. I'm wondering if this is a dead feature. Anyone successful?

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Mon May 30, 2016 1:05 am

Not sure - but this might help you - all extenders need to have number 6 or lower, and mine crept higher over the years of resets... Post #11 was what worked for me...

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=8&t=9595

I can add the extenders automatically now, which gives them generic names, but I still fail to add them manually where you can give them descriptive names. Contacted MyMovies, and their advice didn't get me anywhere. You're supposed to use the IP address of the host PC, not the extender, and then just pick which extender number it is... doesn't work for me. So, I settle for something like "MCX-2" instead of "bedroom".

OOPS - nevermind - just saw your post in that thread further down. lol

tangoalpha

Post by tangoalpha » Mon May 30, 2016 2:14 am

I'm trying to calm my excitement hearing that you have successfully added your extenders. I have been trying to get this to work for over a year...literally.

Might I request some clarification? You mention you can add the extenders automatically? Is that because you have either iTunes or Bonjour Print Services installed? Might I further ask which of those (if not both) you are using? I currently do not have either and with to only install what might be required to make this work. Many thanks in advance.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Mon May 30, 2016 11:55 am

I have Bonjour and iTunes on the host PC... Don't use them for anything else, but one must be helping me get the remote function working on my Android phone.