XBox 360 cannot Play Live TV or Recorded TV

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
shumiron

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by shumiron » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Also - what is CinemaNowMediaManagerActiveXHandlerWin? I got a windows error box when I tried to reboot HTPC a few minutes ago. Also the other day I saw a message someplace on the HTPC saying WMC extender drivers were not installed. I can't find anything about that issue.

steveo_in_sd

Post by steveo_in_sd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:40 am

Maybe something got messed up in the extender profiles on your WMC computer. It is easy enough to delete the profiles and then recreate the extender connections, and that might be an easy fix.

shumiron

Post by shumiron » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:00 am

Thanks Steveo - are you in San Diego? I am in Serra Mesa area. I uninstalled/reinstalled both extenders at least a couple times each with no luck. It is kinda weird that the video error only shows on the extenders. When I originalaly set up my HTPC a couple years ago I had the video error on that computer. Someone replied to my cries for help with the info about setting the sound parameters and that fixed it. Been using WMC and OTA since then and i love it. I set up two XBox 360s as extenders a few months ago and they were working fine until last week. In a previous post earlier today I described that I had an anomaly starting the HTPC and I had to reboot, which is when i am guessing the problem with extenders started. I am hoping that Crash2009 is still monitoring this thread - he seems pretty knowledgeable and is the one who provided the solution back in Feb 2013.

shumiron

Post by shumiron » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:14 am

I figured out that CinemaNow is some kind of intrusive app that intruded on my HTPC and probably has nothing to do with my issues.

steveo_in_sd

Post by steveo_in_sd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Yep, San Diego in the College area (Cox service area).
When you start the extender session on the XB360, does it successfully load WMC?
Can you access your music and photos?
Is it every type of video that fails, or just certain kinds? If only certain types of videos fail, which ones (e.g. OTA broadcasts, cable, internet downloads, videos from camera/phone)?
Is your XB360 connected to the internet?
Is it successfully connecting to XBox Live?
Are you signing in to XBox Live on the XB360? Required for some types of video content (such as the "Optional Media Update").
Have you cleared the XB360 system cache? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/ ... stem-cache

shumiron

Post by shumiron » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi Steveo - I appreciate your feedback.

When you start the extender session on the XB360, does it successfully load WMC? YES - both 360s have no problem connecting. I can control WMC on the XBoxes (move around to various menu items like Guide, recorded shows, etc.)
Can you access your music and photos? I can access music but won't play
Is it every type of video that fails, or just certain kinds? If only certain types of videos fail, which ones (e.g. OTA broadcasts, cable, internet downloads, videos from camera/phone)? I have tried videos (not OTA recorded vids) and they won't play, but I don't get the same Video Error like when I try to play Live TV or Recorded TV
Is your XB360 connected to the internet? Yes
Is it successfully connecting to XBox Live? Yes it can - I log in to my XBox live account no problem
Are you signing in to XBox Live on the XB360? Required for some types of video content (such as the "Optional Media Update"). YES
Have you cleared the XB360 system cache? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/ ... stem-cache No - wasn't aware of this. I will post results and other info later today.

I have added replies to your questions above.

shumiron

Post by shumiron » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:41 pm

I cleared cache and reinstalled extender - no luck. Poop!

When I try to play music it brings up the song for me to select then the play screen apppears, but the music doesn't start playing - the timer just sits at 0:00.

steveo_in_sd

Post by steveo_in_sd » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:15 am

That is very weird that the WMC session will launch but accessing media is not working, despite having changed noting on a previously working system. Did you get a new router or switch, or in some other way modify your network setup? Did you move your media content from one folder to another? You need to update your library settings on the XB360s, if that's the case.

Also, make sure that you are actually sharing your media. Press the Xbox button on your XB360 controller and navigate to whatever blade allows you to play music and try to play from the regular 360 UI (not WMC). If you can play there but not via WMC then I'd suggest you reset your 360 and that might fix it. http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-an-Xbox-360. If you can't even navigate to your music, then you aren't sharing correctly. If you can navigate but not play, then try and reset your XB360.

shumiron

Post by shumiron » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Since my last post my XBox 360s started working. I got another Windows 7 update and the extenders stopped working again. I did nothing to fix before they started working, and I thought I had turned off allowing updates without my permission. I suppose I should revert to an earlier version and see if that helps.