One Xbox360 extender only connects after I reboot WMC PC

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
Harriet Tubman

HTPC Specs: Show details

One Xbox360 extender only connects after I reboot WMC PC

Post by Harriet Tubman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Been having an issue for a while where one of my two Xbox 360 extenders will only connect immediately after a reboot of WMC
PC. My other extender never has that problem. The "problem" extender will be off all day while I am at work and when I get home and turn it on, I get the dark blue error screen that reads "the Xbox 360 has failed to connect to your WMC PC. Please try to reconnect." It never reconnects without me rebooting the WMC PC. For a short while after a reboot, the "problem" extender will connect without issue. I can turn it off and go to bed, then the next morning it will connect just fine. Once I turn it off as I leave for work (or am gone for an extender period), I usually get the "fail to connect" screen when I get home. My second Xbox 360 works just fine. I turn it on and the television stations work perfectly. 

Any thoughts? I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

FYI, I am new to this. I just "shaved" the cable cord.

Windom

Post by Windom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Sometimes when I can't get my extenders to connect, I can restart the Media Center Extender service and then they can connect in. I'm not sure if that would help you though if you have one extender that can still connect.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:43 am

Both Extenders and the HTPC should be plugged into the same switch.... Sounds like the broken one is plugged in to a different switch or might be using WiFi.

How are yours connected?
Attachments
ExtenderNetwork001.jpg
ExtenderNetwork002.jpg