eHome Harmony One oddity

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
jaimeknapp

HTPC Specs: Show details

eHome Harmony One oddity

Post by jaimeknapp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 pm

The problem is that when in channel, movie or video guides, the first Page-Up/Dn press functions properly. Subsequent presses do nothing until. A Page-Up/DN press followed by a single Channel-Up/Dn press then a Page-Up/Dn, etc works. It used to work properly and I cannot tell when that changed. This occurs on all three Win-7 Media Center PCs and with two different Logitech Harmony One remotes.

I have "refreshed" the Harmony programs, changed USB ports and changed eHome receivers with no effect. If I use a generic Media Center remote, subsequent Page-Up/Dn presses work normally on all three PCs. I have not All of the PCs are older (5 years+) dedicated to Media Center, do not sleep or hibernate. No changes in programs, drivers, or connectivity have been made to any of them other than "important" Windows updates. Nothing has been found in device manager or in Windows logs.

I know it is but a minor annoyance, but I would like to keep spousal annoyances to a minimum and would appreciate all thoughts on this.

jaimeknapp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jaimeknapp » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:06 pm

I resolved the issue by replicating the Channel-Up/Dn buttons to the Page-Up/Dn buttons. Their functions now match those of the Harmony Ones used on X-Box 360 Media Center Extenders. I still do not know when or how their functions changed.