Dell MC Remote (OVU412002) power on problem

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
ladykazik

HTPC Specs: Show details

Dell MC Remote (OVU412002) power on problem

Post by ladykazik » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Dear Sirs,
this is my first post here, but I've been reading threads here for a years back... I decided to ask, I couldn't find the solution or the similar problem anywhere.
So, I do own Dell Media Center Remote (it's pretty difficult to find any sources describing this unit), usually caled 0FW195 or OVU412002. Pretty similar to Philips 5100, except multi-device associations, and Lenovo RC1974013 The kit includes the remote itself as well as the reciever with an option to plug-in IR LED via 3,5mm jack (also included). Two questions I would like to ask:
  1. Is this remote capable of turning off the TV itself? (the IR - jack LED suggests that, in case if it's the IR blaster, but maybe it's the external reciever) Is it possible to program it in anyhow, like in the similar Philips 5100?
  2. When I'm turning HTPC on from the sleep via POWER button on the remote, the PC wakes up and immediatly falls asleep again. It's possible to turn it on and stay on only while pressing the POWER button VERY shortly, and not directing the remote onto the reciever for best. But I think it shouldn't happen.
What do you think about that? What should I do?
Regards,
Wojciech.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:50 pm

I have that same remote, and I can turn my TV on and off with it BUT I have to use EventGhost to do so. Depending on what model TV you own, the same thing might be possible for you. I have chosen to not let the power button put my computer to sleep, or turn it off, and I have setup event ghost to send and IR signal through my IR reciever extension that turns my TV off when EventGhost sees me press the power button on my remote. If your interested in this, then let me know and I can explain more about how I did it.

ladykazik

Post by ladykazik » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Thank you for an advice, but I cannot make my remote cooperate with the EventGhost. I have tried any possble plugins and drivers, and the software is not showing me any events from the remote. It's not the good point to start.
Regards.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Which version of windows are you using, and what IR receiver do you have? When you look at your device manager, do you see the ehome driver listed under HID devices? I'm about ninety percent sure this is possible, and I'm just not being clear on something or there is something I don't understand.

ladykazik

Post by ladykazik » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:01 pm

This is the screenshot of my device manager, it's Windows 7 Home Premium x64:
Przechwytywanie.PNG
Device Manager screenshot
It's in Polish, although it's HID eHome infrared reciever/blaster driver.
The device is OVU412002/00.