Logitech Harmony 900 - Stop button not working

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Logitech Harmony 900 - Stop button not working

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:12 pm

I use an Harmony 900. It has stopped responding to the "Stop" command in WMC and Emby Theater but works fine for stopping playback on the Panasonic BTP-220 Blu-ray player.

Any suggestions? Should I "learn" the command from an RC-6 remote?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:55 am

No comments Huh, yours must be the only one. Maybe this bump will find another.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Did you try removing the remote's battery temporarily? Sometimes the logitech remotes get wonky and need a reboot, like any other device.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Crash2009 wrote:No comments Huh, yours must be the only one. Maybe this bump will find another.
The answer was provided to me here but I'm still perplexed as to how Chrome Remote Desktop could possibly conflict with the stop button on an RC6 (or Harmony emulating RC6) remote.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Scallica wrote:Did you try removing the remote's battery temporarily? Sometimes the logitech remotes get wonky and need a reboot, like any other device.
The solution was found as I posted above but yes I often have to power cycle my Harmony remotes. Some work better than others though. I think it may have to do with the number of devices and activities they are programmed to control. The less I have, the more reliable they are. I have five H900's and one HOne controlling every single TV in the house. This particular one is in the Family Room and controls the most devices and activities so it needs a reboot about just every couple of weeks like clockwork. The one's in the kid's, guest and bonus rooms or on the back patio hardly ever need a reboot.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:19 pm

Hmm... appears to be the same as my answer 2 weeks ago. Could have saved yourself a lot of time if you had simply read this thread.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:37 pm

mdavej wrote:Hmm... appears to be the same as my answer 2 weeks ago. Could have saved yourself a lot of time if you had simply read this thread.
Okay. That's true. As I posted in the other thread, It just slipped me. I didn't follow up and have been busy with other things.. So busy I even forgot that I read it before already and when I got the response on AVS, I was saying to myself, "Now I remember this from somewhere.."

Point is I have a lot of sticks in the fire right now both with my systems and the rest of my life. Thank you for your previous response.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:25 pm

We're all busy. But you still had time to post the same question in other forums and start new thread rather than just read the responses the first time. Just irks me a little when I take time out of my busy life to try to help someone and they ignore it. But that's my problem, not yours. I should have learned my lesson by now.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Agreed. The thing is that I completely forgot I posted it but I could have searched it, which I did not do but did do now and it appears that the admins removed the previous post rather than maybe merge them. I thank you for providing a response and now even remember you providing it but at the same time I ended up with another issue coming up which demanded my attention and it slipped my mind. Call it old age or maybe even early onset Alzheimer's. It was not ignored but rather completely forgotten. That is why I say that I remember now seeing it. I am sorry and am very appreciative of assistance I have received from you on other things in the past and this as well.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Thanks for that. No hard feelings.

Admins deleting posts however are making me think I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Happy Holidays

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:56 pm

It was deleted today because I found it right after posting in here a couple of hours ago.. I read it even.