Moved recording won't play on extender

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
cKuR6

HTPC Specs: Show details

Moved recording won't play on extender

Post by cKuR6 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:59 am

I have some seasonal movies/recordings (.wtv) which i moved during the summer. I attempted to play them on the extenders last eve, and failed. I could play them on the PC itself. I still saw them on the extenders (echo's) UI's, but it says the file cannot be found, when playback is attempted.

I assured the location to which they were moved, is indeed in the library.
I then moved the recordings back to the recorded tv folder on the main tuner drive and restarted. They still would not play. ('Application failure' in the wmc recorded tv interface and 'file not found' in the RECORDEDTVHD interface.)
Today, the recordings I moved, will play, but the UI now shows two instances. The first repeats the aforementioned failures. There seems to be a library issue here, but I can't find any other threads regarding trouble moving files and playback. Is there a key trick I am missing? It doesn't seem sensible that they would play today, but not after a restart yesterday. Something other than restart is forcing the library scan, but manually adding the folder also did not result in success in either interface.

Is there another way to quickly force scan on the extenders. My netstop & start.bat's did not do the trick either.

Thanks in advance

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Couple ideas that will prompt a re-indexing......These can be done from the HTPC or through the extender.

1- you can add the "New" location of the file to the Media Library.
2- you could remove the Recorded TV location, then add it back in.

This has to be done on the HTPC only....

3- Uninstall extender.
4- Re-install extender.

There might be some "other" ways, but these are the steps that I normally use.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:16 pm

The "new" location is in the library. Only the moved recordings didn't work. Which is strange because I auto move files nightly with a PS1 file. ugh, I've had enough problems with these echo's. they all work (except the one dead one that requires the whole family, including two dogs, a cat, and the neighbors gerbil to jump through hoops backwards with hdmi's tethered to them to "repair") so I don't want to mess with the link to wmc. guess I'll just leave them where they are from now on. thanks

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:57 pm

You think you got problems. My recording drive died. I thought I was so clever by creating 4 folders on each drive in preparation for the inevitable death.

D:\Pictures
D:\Movies
D:\Music
D:\Recorded TV

E:\Pictures
E:\Movies
E:\Music
E:\Recorded TV2

D: died, E:\Recorded TV2 was renamed E:\Recorded TV (the 2 was removed)
WMC was told it's new recording location. This created some kind of twisted up mess. and now nobody knows TV2's real name.
Shut it down to take the drive out, and the Bios battery was dead.

Hey, I'll stumble into a fix eventually. But the point is, one simple rename and now its running screwy.

Guess where my original Image, and my super tweaked bios settings were stored?

I got one last chance to recover. Either the hard drive in the freezer trick, or it gets whacked with the hammer. I don't like my chances. I'm hoping my DVD image shows up, but I put it in a real safe place 3 years ago, so safe it can't be found.
Attachments
DeadRecordingDrive.JPG

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Well looky here what I found..... I just might wiggle out of this after all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-su ... ost2050491

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-su ... ost2146696
Attachments
RamTweaks_M4A78PRO.JPG