Just bought another Echo $99 on Amazon

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
RyC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by RyC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 am

McGary wrote:For those who have followed this unit for a while, how often does it go on sale? Everybody seems to want full retail ($179) right now ... but from the posts in this thread it sounds like it's occasionally available for $100 or a bit more. Is this every few months? ... once a year? ... or were those special sales that you don't anticipate being repeated.
They seem to happen around the holidays, I would guess Labor Day is when the next sale will happen

McGary

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by McGary » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Picked up an XBox 360S for $70 on e-bay -- works perfectly, is VERY quiet (can't hear it at all unless I get within a few inches), and has the advantage that it will work with Windows 8.1 if I should ever decide to upgrade (e.g. if the guide goes away in 2020 when '7 support is killed, that would give me 3 more years of guide support).

Was thinking about getting one of each (Xbox and Echo) and then buying another one of whichever I liked best (I need a total of 3 extenders) ... but am very happy with the Xbox, so just ordered two more.