Ceton Echo EOL Rumors and Firmware Preservation

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:30 am

Crash2009 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:So you have video and audio working in Win10 WMC on five extenders simultaneously?

You're able to watch WMC on a phone? Is this CCI 1 content?

I didn't know anyone has been able to break the RDP out of extenders and into another environment?
If you take a closer look at the picture, that is 5 Remote Desktop Connections to the Win10 Host 192.168.1.132. 3 of them are Live TV, the other 2 are Recorded. The phone, is a Samsung S4 using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android and it is connecting from WAN through the traditional RDC port of 3389. Presently DRM "Protected" channels play for only a couple seconds, then stop. The Win10 host has been able to play DRM channels normally since the end of Nov 2015.
If you can run 5 sessions on one machine in RDP you can run 5 sessions on five machines. From the brief reading I've done are the client machines and the host machines sporting hacked RDP? Will this lead to actual PC extenders rather than the typical extenders we have today? Breaking that DRM, now that's going to be a hard egg to crack I think.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:59 am

Sammy2 wrote:
Crash2009 wrote:
If you take a closer look at the picture, that is 5 Remote Desktop Connections to the Win10 Host 192.168.1.132. 3 of them are Live TV, the other 2 are Recorded. The phone, is a Samsung S4 using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android and it is connecting from WAN through the traditional RDC port of 3389. Presently DRM "Protected" channels play for only a couple seconds, then stop. The Win10 host has been able to play DRM channels normally since the end of Nov 2015.
If you can run 5 sessions on one machine in RDP you can run 5 sessions on five machines. From the brief reading I've done are the client machines and the host machines sporting hacked RDP? Will this lead to actual PC extenders rather than the typical extenders we have today? Breaking that DRM, now that's going to be a hard egg to crack I think.
True, as a matter of fact 5 was about all I could run on my Win10 test machine (Old Dell Inspiron, I3, 4GB). CPU was near max, network was near saturated, ram was all used. I think I could run many more on a real PC. I plan to move the project over to a dual CPU Xeon 12 core. The clients don't need any hack, they only need WMC disabled. If not disabled, sometimes the remote control will trigger the clients "Real" WMC. I don't think DRM will be a big deal, the host is doing the playing, the client is only a UI. DRM plays for 2 seconds. Recorded DRM plays for 4 seconds.

Win7 has been cracked open as well as Server 2012 so things are "opening up" SoftSled has risen from the grave.

Throw a 10 box together and join the fun. We need some help. All I have for testing is a X64 with a HDHR 3CC.

tad

Post by tad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:44 pm

Very, very interesting, Crash2009. Softsled has always been, in so many ways, the holy grail of our community.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:
Crash2009 wrote:
True, as a matter of fact 5 was about all I could run on my Win10 test machine (Old Dell Inspiron, I3, 4GB). CPU was near max, network was near saturated, ram was all used. I think I could run many more on a real PC. I plan to move the project over to a dual CPU Xeon 12 core. The clients don't need any hack, they only need WMC disabled. If not disabled, sometimes the remote control will trigger the clients "Real" WMC. I don't think DRM will be a big deal, the host is doing the playing, the client is only a UI. DRM plays for 2 seconds. Recorded DRM plays for 4 seconds.

Win7 has been cracked open as well as Server 2012 so things are "opening up" SoftSled has risen from the grave.

Throw a 10 box together and join the fun. We need some help. All I have for testing is a X64 with a HDHR 3CC.
Can you have multiple remote sessions on multiple PC's?

Are you able to use WMC on the host machine with things like Recorded TV, Guide and such?

Can DRM/CCI protected material be viewed in this manner?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:58 pm

tad wrote:Very, very interesting, Crash2009. Softsled has always been, in so many ways, the holy grail of our community.
It is the best tasting snack I've had in awhile.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
tad wrote:Very, very interesting, Crash2009. Softsled has always been, in so many ways, the holy grail of our community.
It is the best tasting snack I've had in awhile.
So how's this project coming?

Is it going to be a reality?

Sorry, I've got too much going on with my re-set-up after a move over a year ago combined with getting married and travelling a lot to get involved with another test bed project. I'm barely getting my Win7 set up with echo extenders going again. The new house had no ethernet which was an issue for me to start with. I had my server / pc crash on me hard a bit ago and still haven't got that up an running yet so my whole library is out of commission on top of it all..

Maybe, in about another year, I'll have the time to play.