Echo connection problems

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
rliepins

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo connection problems

Post by rliepins » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello all

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking my Echo is slowly dying. I have had sporadic issues with the Echo making a reconnection after the HTPC reboot. It may take a reboot of the Echo or two to fix the issue before the Echo reconnects.

Last night, my Echo kept rebooting itself. It would stay at a Connecting dialog for a bit before a reboot. I left it going and it kept rebooting. Usually, it would complain about not being able to connect to WMC, but as above, a reboot usually fixed it. Has anyone else seen a constant reboot issue on the Echo?

Happy New Years

rliepins

Post by rliepins » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:45 pm

OK, the solution was to remove the extender from WMC and add it again. It was simply hanging somewhere in the connection process. Recreating the relationship fixed the issue.

Issue closed

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:44 pm

I haven't had this issue but whenever I have in issue with my router where I have to reboot the router all my echos need a kick in the pants. Most times they connect after a reboot of the echo. Sometimes I need to re-enter the 8 digit code into WMC and re-configure the echo. Fortunately this doesn't happen often.