Ceton Echo Video Issue

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
rdevone

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Echo Video Issue

Post by rdevone » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:13 am

I use 4 Echo's and 1 Xbox 360 with a Homerun Prime Cable card connected to Windows 7 Pro Media Center. Everything has been working fine for 4 years. About 3 weeks ago, The OWN channel will sporadically only plays audio, no picture. This happens on all the echos and Xbox. If I tune to the OWN channel, the picture freezes and just plays audio no video. If I try to go back to the previous channel, I get the message no tuner available.A reboot of the extenders bring the channels back.

All other channel work fine. Recorded content plays fine. Only the OWN channel has this issue

I uninstalled and reinstalled the extenders. Same problem exists.

The cable company came out tested the signal, signal was strong. The channel plays on the Silicon Dust Channel lineup application so I know the signal is getting to the tuners.

I am out of ideas.

Help

rdevone

Post by rdevone » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:19 pm

The issue is resolved.

The problem turned out to be the Cable Card Card OOB Validation was 'weak'. It appears to be the cable company issue even though they verified the cable signal was strong.

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 pm

rdevone wrote:The issue is resolved.

The problem turned out to be the Cable Card Card OOB Validation was 'weak'. It appears to be the cable company issue even though they verified the cable signal was strong.
So how did the cableco actually fix? Send a "hit" or something?