Echo Beta F/W 2013.320.1349

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Beta F/W 2013.320.1349

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:00 pm

This one's not listed in the "official" Firmware Changelog thread by Motz.

It has been a few years now, of course, but this f/w is higher than the stable f/w listed and I seem to recall this one released right before ceton pulled the plug. My echo was on android f/w and I never got this one but an echo I aquired recently on ebay has it.

It seems to work OK with some macroblocking more visible than on any other echo in my collection. I don't know if it is this f/w or the fact that this echo is also the only one connected through a 5gHz ac wireless bridge which shows full strength signal from the router a few feet away on the other side of the exterior stucco wall.

Any information on the changelog of this f/w would be nice. If it was an improvement, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I will roll back. I am not sure but it may not pull this f/w again if I go on the stable channel.

That said, my previous android echo has been flashed back to 2013.304.1257 but still shows an update available for the android f/w as the f/w is keyed to the MAC Address and maybe that's the case with this unit too.

Any info would be great and TIA!

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:36 pm

Anyone?

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:42 am

Sammy2:

I've been using the beta channel firmware since it was released. It fixed a stuttering problem for me. I'd say the system works about 95% of the time; there are still occasional freezes that require me to cycle the power on the Ceton.
Dean L. Surkin

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:26 am

Dean L. Surkin wrote:Sammy2:

I've been using the beta channel firmware since it was released. It fixed a stuttering problem for me. I'd say the system works about 95% of the time; there are still occasional freezes that require me to cycle the power on the Ceton.
So does that mean you are on 2013.320.1349?

I have 7 echos and 4 of them are in service. Only this one is on this f/w and I see some macroblocking but I'm not sure if it is due to being connected through a wireless bridge or if it is this f/w. All the other echos don't exhibit this level of blocking. I'd swap it out for one of my spares but it is all zip tied nicely on the back of the TV with the Roku that gives me the rest of my content so that is a bit of a bitch to do.