Turning off commercial skip

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mldenison

HTPC Specs: Show details

Turning off commercial skip

Post by mldenison » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 pm

I'm using the DVRMSToolbox add-in for RecordedTVHD. On my HTPC I use the VolumeUp command to toggle skipping of commercials, which works fine.

But, the same command does not have any effect on my Echo.

This is configured in in the DVRSToolbox configuration screen.

Has anyone had success finding a mapped key from the configuration tool that works on both the HTPC and Echo? There's a lot of choices in the dropdown box but they don't make a lot of sense as to what key they are.
dvrms.JPG

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:20 am

I use "Up", which works fine on the Echo. I used to use "Clear", which worked too.

If anyone knows a command that's not used for navigation but is recognized on the Echo, I would prefer to remap a Harmony color button to that command instead

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:39 am

I thought the DVRMSToolbox key-bindings stopped working when Media-Pak came out. is it working again?

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:16 pm

I don't know what Media-Pak is. I never had a problem with my HTPC assigning a key to enable/disable commercial skipping. Just on the Echo.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:55 pm

RyC wrote:I use "Up", which works fine on the Echo. I used to use "Clear", which worked too.

If anyone knows a command that's not used for navigation but is recognized on the Echo, I would prefer to remap a Harmony color button to that command instead
After much playing around, it looks like 'Up' is the best choice. I did try 'Enter' which was a mistake since it appears that 'Enter' and 'OK' are the same :evil:

Thanks for the info.