Anyone know were I can find a Echo Besides Ebay?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
saboken

HTPC Specs: Show details

Anyone know were I can find a Echo Besides Ebay?

Post by saboken » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:50 am

I have been searching for a Echo for months I thought I had one from Ebay but the seller sent it USPS with no Insurance and my Luck out of over $600.00 worth on deliveries in 3 days The echo is the only thing that I didn't get :( I am not going to fight with Paypal and Ebay about it nor the seller! today was nothing but a headache over it and he can keep the money! anyway now that I blew of some steam I realy need a safe way to buy a working Echo next month possibly the following I am out a small amount that I had saved to the echo so I dont know how much I can spare next month Being a Disabled Vet is not fun :( PTSD realy sucks that's why I am not going to hound the seller for a refund anymore! I realy just want a working Echo without getting burned, Thanks

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:02 am

Thanks for your service and sorry for your troubles.

Do not let this seller walk way. The seller's responsibility is to make sure the package is delivered to you as advertised. Let the seller fight it out with the USPS. eBay has Buyer Protection which 99% of the time rules in favor of the buyer. Get your money back ASAP.

Also, forget about the Ceton Echo; it's a POS. Get a Linksys DMA 2100. I am sure someone on this forum has an extra one to sell you.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:05 am

Scallica wrote:Also, forget about the Ceton Echo; it's a POS.
Au contraire. Works great. Nice little piece.

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Might want to avoid the Linksys 2100 if you are a Comcast/cable user. mine stopped working on most channels when they switched to H.264 . My echo's work fine and found two new ones on craigs list for pretty cheap. You might want to consider an xbox e model, can be found for 99 bucks work great as extenders and there are alot out there.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:35 pm

spanner wrote:Might want to avoid the Linksys 2100 if you are a Comcast/cable user. mine stopped working on most channels when they switched to H.264 . My echo's work fine and found two new ones on craigs list for pretty cheap. You might want to consider an xbox e model, can be found for 99 bucks work great as extenders and there are alot out there.
The H.264/Copy-Once combination affects all extenders.

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Scallica wrote:
spanner wrote:Might want to avoid the Linksys 2100 if you are a Comcast/cable user. mine stopped working on most channels when they switched to H.264 . My echo's work fine and found two new ones on craigs list for pretty cheap. You might want to consider an xbox e model, can be found for 99 bucks work great as extenders and there are alot out there.
Yes, but not only did i lose premium channels (HB0 etc) H.264 on my echo and xbox. I lost all but a handful of local channels on my three linksys 2100's after the format change. My Xbox and echo work with all but premium channels, my Linksys stopped working with all but my local channels. Comcast portland oregon

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:12 pm

spanner wrote:
Scallica wrote:
Yes, but not only did i lose premium channels (HB0 etc) H.264 on my echo and xbox. I lost all but a handful of local channels on my three linksys 2100's after the format change. My Xbox and echo work with all but premium channels, my Linksys stopped working with all but my local channels. Comcast portland oregon
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

saboken

Post by saboken » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:34 am

I gave up ebay said since the tracking said it was delivered, it was out of there hands? PayPal said basic the same thing! all ebay said was take it up with my CC company which is unbelievably USAA they started a charge back but said they didn't have enough info to file a police report and make a insurance claim? I also have my insurance through USAA with a $500.00 deductible, they knew what they were doing, I just accepted I got burned and have to eat it! all I could do is cancel my eBay account since they won't protect me from this! what is this world coming to? I will keep looking I just sold 2 of my Xbox's on letgo so I will have the $$ to grab a echo when I find one, I had to move the PC into my living room to watch TV for now! it was a lesson learned about Ebay. thanks for the support though.
Last edited by saboken on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

saboken

Post by saboken » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:47 am

saboken wrote:I gave up ebay said since the tracking said it was delivered, it was out of there hands? PayPal said basic the same thing! all ebay said was take it up with my CC company which is unbelievably USAA they started a charge back but said they didn't have enough info to file a police report and make a insurance claim? I also have my insurance through USAA with a $500.00 deductible, they knew what they were doing, I just accepted I got burned and have to eat it! all I could do is cancel my eBay account since they won't protect me from this! what is this world coming to? I will keep looking I just sold 2 of my Xbox's on letgo so I will have the $$ to grab a echo when I find one, I had to move the PC into my living room to watch TV for now! it was a lesson learned about Ebay. thanks for the support though.
BTW the reason they say they won't help is because USPS says they made 2 deliverys that day tracking info shows the 2 items I did get at 10 am and the echo at 2:45pm? as far as I know the post office never males 2 runs a day unless it's 2nd day or overnight if they do that? I have had the carrier miss packages and delivery them the next day! so I thought it was safe to go out! I have no way to prove if there was a second delivery that day! of course usps says they did? but I don't belive them I think it was miss delivered to another trailer and they won't take the blame! I used to sell on amazon a few years ago drop shipping from a business account I had with Tiger directs corporate supplier I stopped using usps because of issues and used only FedEx and UPS until Infotel distributors was bought out, I know it was most likely usps that's at fault but the sell didn't insure it, so again I'm SOL :crazy: