Echo "recovers" when ever turned on

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
cwinfield

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cwinfield » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 pm

I just leave mine on but it is under tasks. Maybe you removed it from being shown in menu settings.
Attachments
WP_20150403_001.jpg

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:24 am

Yes, i agree with IownFIVEechos poster.
I also put that one in the closet and it seemed to have the issue and not the other echo i have.
So i was mad when Ceton shined me on, like it was not a real problem and refused an RMA.
Because of that i have not used them much and have not bought any more. When i bought these echos, i got three, one was DOA it was sent back (would not get IP and HMDI would shutdown), one was like the OP's problem "recovering on power up" over and over again, and the third one just worked.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:53 am

SMH.... I just ordered two Echos from Amazon today. I hope I don't have any of these BS issues with them! I only ordered them because I heard that the remote controls can be assigned unique addresses so they don't control one another. If I could do that with Xbox 360 I wouldn't bother with the Echo.

nicholass817

Post by nicholass817 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:12 pm

I had an Echo that was recovering every time i turned it on...figured out it only did so if i turned DTS on...go figure. Moved it to a room without surround, it worked fine for a few months, and now its bricked. Just started another post about it.