"No Input" on TV screen from Echo when tuning or fastfwding

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
cKuR6

HTPC Specs: Show details

"No Input" on TV screen from Echo when tuning or fastfwding

Post by cKuR6 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I have 6 echos. . . . . 5 work ok. 1 has a completely isolated problem.

The echo does not turn off when this happens, the "ceton" is always lit up.
The echo does not reboot / log off / etc. becuase when I get a signal back, it will be back to the recording screen, from where I had initially started play back. (when my echos start, I have them boot to guide)

When trying to tune to a channel, or ffwd a recording (i can play a recording, as long as I leave it alone), the screen goes black & tv displays "no signal" logo.
If I push stop on the ceton remote, the signal will come back.
When signal returns, the echo screen displays to the tv again.
It will either return to the recordings information screen from where I initially hit play, or wmc menu if I hit stop & <- when this happens from live tv.

This is happening on a LG LB6300. I have tried the other echo's, and do not experience the same situation. Tonight, I will move one of the echos to the tv on which this is happening, to rule out the tv itself.
I am not processing the recordings in any manner. I leave them as they are. The only extra we use atm is RecordedTVHD. I tried this from WMC native Recorded TV, and it still happens. Also, we tune live TV with the WMC native guid, not recordedTVHD link, so not recordedtvhd issue.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:30 pm

I have this exact issue on an older Samsung flat screen. In my case it's because the Tv is not designed to sync to a 1080p input signal, only 1080i, 720p, 480p... So I have the echo set to 720p only, but I think when doing things like FF/RW/PAUSE the echo falls back to 1080p and the Tv chokes. Check your Tv manual to see if it can accept 1080p input signal...

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Thank you for the input. My model is a 2014, higher end IPS panel smart from LG. It most certainly can accept the 1080p. Plus, it has been running with the same resolution configuration since week before Thanksgiving, without this occurring.

I tested another echo in the same location. The error did not reproduce on a different echo. So I started trying to remember if anything had changed recently.

Monday, we had two kids with different issues, end up sleeping on our level. My wife decided she would rather be near one, on the couch. I turned the sound output from Optical, to HDMI on this echo, to allow her to watch without pounding bass. After remembering this, and after testing the other echo, I changed it back to Optical, and the error did not reproduce.

for clarification, the TV panel itself displayed "No Signal". I used the term input, to differentiate between this input signal to TV issue, and the standard "No Signal" seen in WMC when it has trouble with the television signal.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:47 pm

everytime I think i've got it licked.....

Now, the recordings play fine, until paused or ffwd, then I only get audio, a black screen, PLUS the faded out background and time in the lower right corner. So, signal is getting through to the tv, but the signal doesn't have video. I've now seen this on two echos, and also recvd the Video Error junk again. Reboot the echo and it works. I get none of this on the HTPC...... I'm beginning to wish I had big, slow, ugly, loud xbox's instead of these echo's.

Nothing has changed. The sound setting on the LG was changed back to Optical. So, nothing has changed on the end users or host pc, from weeks ago.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:01 pm

This issue seems to be limited to one channel /show. Fairly odd parents on Nick. It is still playing the file upon resume, but doesn't show vid. Sometimes, stopping the video, brings it back. Other times, I have to restart echo.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 pm

as odd as most other issues.... the problem has gone away