Echo Rack Shelf

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Important Information
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.

Re: Echo Rack Shelf

Post#41 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:40 pm

tad wrote:
mcewinter wrote:
STC wrote:How are you managing independent control of each unit?

Whole home IR would be one example.

correct, with the IR codeset on each echo changed to a unique value as described in another thread

STC wrote:
tad wrote:...IR codeset on each echo changed to a unique value as described in another thread

That's the part I didn't know existed.
I imagined you having fun with bits of card and tape stopping stray IR signals jumping to another Echo.

Yes.. Where is said thread? (I know, old post)

I remember discussion of this back in the day but don't remember where the information is as I didn't need it at the time, I didn't bookmark it..

HELP!
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#42 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Sammy2 wrote:

I remember discussion of this back in the day but don't remember where the information is as I didn't need it at the time, I didn't bookmark it..

HELP!

viewtopic.php?p=36287&sid=36564d20ed7854b7bb31290397c06aff#p36287

attachment contains the instructions and codes to have the Echo listen to only a specific IR codeset
RyC

Post#43 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:21 pm

RyC wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:

HELP!

viewtopic.php?p=36287&sid=36564d20ed7854b7bb31290397c06aff#p36287

attachment contains the instructions and codes to have the Echo listen to only a specific IR codeset

That's it!

As you can see, I even participated in that thread. LOL. Could have searched my own posts. Anyway, I think that it may be easier just using the blasters on my Harmony 900 than learning all the codes from a different code set in an echo / MCE remote. As a matter of fact, I've already done that. Thanks for finding this for me. Much appreciated.
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Previous

Return to Ceton Echo Extender