Ceton devices now supported in NextPVR

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Important Information
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.

Re: Ceton devices now supported in NextPVR

Post#41 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Like WMC, the Xbox 360s are obsolete - and anyone using WMC has to expect to replace them with something else when they move away from WMC.

When we decided to shift to WMC - it was a combination of cost savings (over having multiple cable STBs and DVRs) and functionality.

If there was something today that provided the functionality of WMC (including DRM) with "whole home" support, and clear long-term commitment to support & maintain the software, we'd be able to justify buying replacements for our 6 Xbox 360s being used as extenders - as long as the costs were reasonable.
bob_p

Post#42 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Get the DMR licensing, charge $15 a month to use your software. Then we can drop WMC once and for all and you have a steady stream of income.

I think that's fair.
treetop82

Post#43 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:21 am

treetop82 wrote:Get the DMR licensing, charge $15 a month to use your software. Then we can drop WMC once and for all and you have a steady stream of income.

I think that's fair.
Very few people would be prepared to pay $15 a month. I know I wouldn't :D

I don't think their is enough user interest to fund the addition of CableCard DRM in NextPVR so this isn't an option I'm pursuing.
sub3

Previous

Return to Ceton infiniTV Tuners