No InfiniTV found

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kidego

HTPC Specs: Show details

No InfiniTV found

Post by kidego » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:40 am

I'm guessing since the blue light is solid, and the InfiniTV network adapter shows under my network cards but the Diagnostic tool gives me the above message that I have a dead card?

I've sent in a support ticket but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to trying.

Av is MS Essentials
MS Firewall is off (no 3rd party)
drivers are not Beta.. but latest ones available

Phil Seastrand

Post by Phil Seastrand » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:19 am

Are you talking about the Windows diagnostic tool or the WMC plug-in diagnostic tool? I've found that the plug-in won't discover the card until the Windows application has -- and it sometimes has trouble find the card. This hasn't really been a problem for me since the card still works and I'm able to tune channels with no issues.

kidego

Post by kidego » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:42 pm

The Ceton Diagnostic tool doesn't find the card, nor does WMC when going through the TV setup. It also says No Tv Tuners detected.

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:05 pm

- Check to make sure that the ITV4 network interface is in the "Home/Private" zone. This can cause issues even if the FW is disabled; windows by default will put new interfaces in the "Public" zone.

- Update to the latest beta software/drivers/firmware/hwcode (if possible).
Time is on my side.

kidego

Post by kidego » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:42 pm

I have the firewall turned off for both types of connections and it's not set to block any programs.. however I did try your suggestion and it didn't change anything.
Also tried the beta drivers, not sure what they would change since it's not being detected, but still no luck.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:49 am

Turn the Windows Firewall ON not off, then re-install the Ceton driver package. This is necessary to make sure the proper firewall rules are written to the Windows FW.

If you did not install the network turners (which I hope you didn't) then since you can see the network adapter and have your own network set to Home, open a browser window and go to the default Ceton address for the card, it should be 192.168.200.1. That should open the gui for the card in a browser window. If you can't find it that way, go to the change adapter settings in networks and sharing and right click on the Ceton device and choose STATUS and then details and see what turns up. NetBIOS needs to be on as well as the FW.

kidego

Post by kidego » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:11 am

well we might be getting somewhere as 192.168.200.1 is my router's ip.

kidego

Post by kidego » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 am

and now it's seeing the card...

Nice.. well thanks JohnW248. you said the magic words.

Now to call Cox and pair and activate.

ERIC8585

Post by ERIC8585 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:44 pm

kidego wrote:and now it's seeing the card...

Nice.. well thanks JohnW248. you said the magic words.

Now to call Cox and pair and activate.
How did you fix it? My router IP address is 192.168.200.1 too. Did you have to change your router addressing?

DFox

Post by DFox » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:28 pm

JohnW248,

I'm hoping you can still help out. I'm having some issues with my existing tuner card (I'll create a different post for that), so I picked up another. They are different styles, my current one is the style with the separate cable and this one is with the cable attached. I have the same symptom as the original post where it shows in Device Manager but not in the Ceton Diagnostics. All I did was swap out the cards. I tried reinstalling the software package. My home network is 192.168.1.0, so no issue there. But I cannot connect to it with 192.168.200.1, and the Status on the network adapter is grayed out. Any assistance would be appreciated.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:37 am

I just saw this by chance...don't get over here as much as I used to....

Perhaps the "previous' owner changed the IP address on the card. I think if you open the diagnostic tool there is a "reset" button Go through all three buttons in order waiting for each to complete and see if that resets the card and it shows up. If it was on the network (like the ETH) then you could look for it in the DHCP table in the router but that won't work an internal card.

Perhaps it might show up in "Network" from explorer and give you the IP address.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:40 am

DFox wrote:JohnW248,

I'm hoping you can still help out. I'm having some issues with my existing tuner card (I'll create a different post for that), so I picked up another. They are different styles, my current one is the style with the separate cable and this one is with the cable attached. I have the same symptom as the original post where it shows in Device Manager but not in the Ceton Diagnostics. All I did was swap out the cards. I tried reinstalling the software package. My home network is 192.168.1.0, so no issue there. But I cannot connect to it with 192.168.200.1, and the Status on the network adapter is grayed out. Any assistance would be appreciated.
It appears you did not uninstall the old card prior to inserting the new card

Shutdown and take the new tuner out of the PC...reboot with nothing in there. shutdown again and put the old tuner back in. rightclick the tuner in device mgr and uninstall. go into Programs and Features and Uninstall the Ceton Software

shut down and put the new tuner in and install the ceton software. should be good after that

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:49 am

Another thing you could try is go to BoardIndex/WindowsMediaCenterHardware/CetonInfiniTuners and click into search this thread....search the words Device Manager. It is amazing how many times this problem pops up. Seems to be different causes every time.

DFox

Post by DFox » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Thanks all for the suggestions. I put my old one back in and I'm going to try to go back to troubleshooting that issue (I'll create a separate thread for that). If I still can't resolve that I'll try swapping it out again and making sure I do a clean remove of the old one first.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:18 am

DFox wrote:Thanks all for the suggestions. I put my old one back in and I'm going to try to go back to troubleshooting that issue (I'll create a separate thread for that). If I still can't resolve that I'll try swapping it out again and making sure I do a clean remove of the old one first.
Maybe you should continue this thread with the old tuner. The problem we are looking for might affect both tuners.

What's the problem with the original tuner? We might as well give them a name...original=Tuner1. The 2nd will be Tuner2.

DFox

Post by DFox » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:57 pm

I started the thread below and Space has been helpful in providing input:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 46#p115846

I do appreciate defining the terminology. I'm thinking "original" versus "replacement" tuner cards to avoid any ambiguity between the physical cards and the virtual tuners that do the recording, which may (or may not) be relevant to my issue on the other thread.