InfiniTV 4 USB issues

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
DanITman

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 4 USB issues

Post by DanITman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:51 pm

I recently did some upgrading to my HTPC setup. I've been running an InfiniTV 4 PCIe card since they came out. Its been rock solid. I've been having some issues with the guide so I figured it would be a good time to transition epg123 as well as install a brand new InfiniTV 4 USB that I had laying around collecting dust. This USB tuner was brand new in the box. Every since I did this upgrade I started having issues where the guide would get really slow after about 7-10 days of use. I've narrowed it down that if I restart the USB tuner and restart WMC everything goes back to normal for another 7-10 days. My assumption is, something is wrong with the USB tuner. Does the most recent firmware have this issue? I'm thinking about uninstalling it just to make sure its only the tuner causing problems.

Thanks

Scallica

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Scallica » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:59 pm

The InfiniTV USB has never been a stable product. I recommend switching back to the PCIe tuner.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct