Reinstall InfiniTV4 (PCI) w/Windows 7 - how to split tuners

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mapwu

HTPC Specs: Show details

Reinstall InfiniTV4 (PCI) w/Windows 7 - how to split tuners

Post by mapwu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi,
I am doing a factory fresh system install on my PC and am now to the step of reinstalling InfiniTV4. I have successfully installed the drivers, updated the digital cable advisor, and set up media center such that I have everything working (it was remarkably easy this time - thanks infiniTV). I only have one problem: Windows Media Center TV Setup no longer asks me if I want to set up all 4 tuners on this computer. Previously I had set it up to use 2 tuners on the host computer and 2 on another PC upstairs.

What to do? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:10 am

When you install the infinity TV there's a section called Network tuners. The network tuner section is where you would split or share two tuners on pc 1 and two tuners on PC 2.

I was under the impression Network tuners doesn't work properly on the infiniTV4.

mapwu

Post by mapwu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Prior to the reinstallation, the choice to split tuners came during the WMC set up process, through a question/answer format. This time there was no option presented to split tuners. There was also some kind of network bridge that I never understood. But it worked. It wasn't robust, so I had set the host PC to reboot every night at 1am. That seemed to do the trick. NOt sure what's changed, since I didn't keep track of what drivers were before/after the updates.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:34 pm

It's been five years since I played with that feature. One thing for sure is you need to select Network tuners when you install the infinity TV 4 driver. The bridge you speak about is installed during the Turner driver process. If you do not select Network tuners WMC will not give you the opportunity to assign tuners to a particular PC.

As I recall the Ceton website had some pretty good instructions

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello, Crash is correct you need to select the network tuner option when installing the drivers. Once that is completed you should run the inifitv tuner setup first then run the windows tuner setup, then at some point along during that setup it should give you the choice to select the turns you would like to use.

This is for windows 8.1 but has a lot of good info on understanding on how network tuners work: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/wiki/index ... indows_8.1

Please let us know if you are still having issues.

-Sharks

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:45 pm

I believe it's based on driver version. Newer ones seemed to remove the feature...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012