Latest firmware for InfiniTV ETH? What do you recommend?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
AveryFreeman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Latest firmware for InfiniTV ETH? What do you recommend?

Post by AveryFreeman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Hello,

I recently acquired an InfiniTV ETH to replace an ailing HDHRP before learning that Ceton is seriously dying if not dead already.

Anyway, I'm trying to update the firmware. Their website lists their latest beta FW as being from 2013 (!)

I found a newer version of the FW 15.1.13.152 (also beta) from 2015 in this post on this site:

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=8352#p84506

Is that the absolute newest version that is available?

Is Ceton's software open-source by any chance, or does anyone think there's any chance they might open the source up since they're on their last half-leg?

Also, has anyone been able to get their ticket system to work? Seems like it has all sorts of issues. Is there an alternative to submitting a ticket to hopefully get in touch with any remnant of a live body over there?

Thanks,
Avery

RyC

Post by RyC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:45 pm

I wouldn't expect any semblance of support except for here. The firmware you linked is the absolute last version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 pm

AveryFreeman wrote:Hello,

I recently acquired an InfiniTV ETH to replace an ailing HDHRP before learning that Ceton is seriously dying if not dead already.
A smarter choice would have been replacing an ailing HDHomerun Prime with a new HDHomerun Prime.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

AveryFreeman

Post by AveryFreeman » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:09 am

I actually never got rid of the HDHRP. I still have it, was thinking of trying to set it up with a Linux recording system like TVHeadEnd, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

In WMC, it can't release tuners after a while causing the HDHRP to go down to 1-2 tuners in no time, but I'm noticing the same thing starting to happen with the InfiniTV. I wonder if it's because I record news with all day, every day, or if it's something specific to WMC just not being good at releasing tuners (?)

Do you folks know of any good threads for tuners not releasing issues? I am going to dig around ...

About the firmware for the ITV - Is that the FW you recommend, or was an older version better? (like, say, a non-beta?)

Thanks for the help,
Avery

3ton

Post by 3ton » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:14 pm

I had something similar and it was WMC. I did fresh install of WMC on different computer and the prime worked fine. So I hated to but I reset WMC on media computer and the hanging tuner cleared up. You might try the prime with the hdhomerun app or view program and see if it hangs up outside of WMC.

RyC

Post by RyC » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:08 pm

That last ITV firmware works fine, and is recommended if you have a Cisco/Scientific Atlanta cablecard

AveryFreeman

Post by AveryFreeman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 pm

I switched over to HDHRDVR, bought another HDHRP, and am selling my InfiniTV ETH on eBay. I've been using it for about 4 weeks and I love it. It's so simple and never screws up. I had issue after issue with WMC not allocating or locking tuners after they were done being used. I'm done with WMC issues forever! Definitely never looking back...

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

RyC wrote:That last ITV firmware works fine, and is recommended if you have a Cisco/Scientific Atlanta cablecard
The last "stable" or last "beta?" I just picked up a used PCIe 6 this week and will be using it with a Cisco CableCARD.

The last beta Ceton dropped was early 2015 and it had a serious memory leak that required a reboot every few days. I would like to stay clear of that one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RyC

Post by RyC » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 am

kd6icz wrote:
RyC wrote:That last ITV firmware works fine, and is recommended if you have a Cisco/Scientific Atlanta cablecard
The last "stable" or last "beta?" I just picked up a used PCIe 6 this week and will be using it with a Cisco CableCARD.

The last beta Ceton dropped was early 2015 and it had a serious memory leak that required a reboot every few days. I would like to stay clear of that one.

15.1.13.152 is the last firmware ever released, and solves an issue specifically with Cisco/SA cablecards where it could apply copy protection to recordings even when a channel was marked (or intended to be marked) "copy freely". You might want to check your channels and see if that issue applies to you, and if it does, 15.1.13.152 is the only firmware that fixes it

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:55 am

RyC wrote: 15.1.13.152 is the last firmware ever released, and solves an issue specifically with Cisco/SA cablecards where it could apply copy protection to recordings even when a channel was marked (or intended to be marked) "copy freely". You might want to check your channels and see if that issue applies to you, and if it does, 15.1.13.152 is the only firmware that fixes it

That's what I was afraid of.... So the memory leak is still an issue. I am trying to find a way to use this card with Plex DVR but they say without BDA support it's a no go.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 pm

As far as anyone knows here nobody has been able to get their hands on the "PRO" firmware have they?

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:17 pm

My 2 ETH's have 14.10.3.163 firmware.

I haven't seen this version mentioned.

I'm continually getting 'Subscription required' 4 -6 times daily and have to power cycle the ETH's then reboot WMC.

Frustrating.

Is it my firmware versions or something else?