Ceton firmware?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
drfsupercenter

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton firmware?

Post by drfsupercenter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 pm

So it seems like Ceton has vanished off the surface of the planet. All their products are unavailable anywhere, their phone number was disconnected, and the InfiniTV diagnostic tool (I have the newest one from 2013) just gives me errors when checking for driver/firmware udpates.

Does anyone know what the newest firmware for the InfiniTV 4 PCIe is? I just googled around and found "ceton_infinitv_fw_20120313_1_1_7_2.IMAGE"
Is there any newer version?

Also, what's the deal with them anyway, did they stop manufacturing all of the InfiniTVs? I can understand the 4 being discontinued for the 6, but 6 isn't available anywhere either, not even on eBay!

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:12 pm

ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_13_5_6_132, ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_4_6_21 & ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152 are the newest releases. In order to have EAS disable work properly you need to install each one in order. I would upload them but they are to large for the forum and should be searchable on the site.

Correction: The first one is not downloadable via this site so here is a copy.

here is a link to the 2nd: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 926#p73926

here's the 3rd: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 506#p84506
Attachments
ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_13_5_6_132.zip
(5.25 MiB) Downloaded 543 times

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

drfsupercenter wrote:Also, what's the deal with them anyway, did they stop manufacturing all of the InfiniTVs? I can understand the 4 being discontinued for the 6, but 6 isn't available anywhere either, not even on eBay!
Long story short Microsoft killed WMC on future OS, Gibson sued them winning close to 1 million and their quality and support have been winding down for some time. There is also the failures of the echo, shipping with stability problems, failure to release android. There is also the delisting and unavailability of MMC to be downloaded or installed. They are more or less out of business despite insistence that they are still active with commercial products.

drfsupercenter

Post by drfsupercenter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Wow, that's unfortunate. I'd love to upgrade my InfiniTV 4 to an InfiniTV 6, but I can't even find any!

So those "beta" firmwares, are those fully working ones that I should upgrade to? Or just stick to the stable one I found? I was getting some random dropouts where WMC would say "you don't have enough tuners to record this" despite it still being there, that a reboot would fix... strange problem that I thought maybe a firmware update would help.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 pm

drfsupercenter wrote:Wow, that's unfortunate. I'd love to upgrade my InfiniTV 4 to an InfiniTV 6, but I can't even find any!

So those "beta" firmwares, are those fully working ones that I should upgrade to? Or just stick to the stable one I found? I was getting some random dropouts where WMC would say "you don't have enough tuners to record this" despite it still being there, that a reboot would fix... strange problem that I thought maybe a firmware update would help.
I would say that they are all quite stable and much more reliable than 1.1.7.2, All of these should have become stable channel releases but did not for reasons I can't explain other than Ceton being a mess.

That was a issue I experienced on earlier firmware than these releases which are rock solid IMO.

3ton

Post by 3ton » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:05 pm

maseline_98

Post by maseline_98 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:48 pm

I was looking for an updated firmware for the ceton echo. I couldn't find anything and didn't know how to install it. I tried going the echo helper thing but it just says there isn't anything.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

john321

Post by john321 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:18 am

I was an early adopter of Ceton's hardware. I was (and still am) an advocate of DIY DVR's. After doing some unbiased, objective testing... I found that Silicondust's tuners far out-performed Ceton's. Then, after the Echo debacle... I sold every piece of Ceton hardware that I owned. Lots of people gave me a hard time about my decision.

Today, I'm still running Windows 7 Media Center with Silicondust tuners. I'm not happy with the progress of the SD DVR... but... at least Silicondust is still in the game.

I still have hope.

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:19 am

read: help?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:38 am

cwinfield wrote:ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_13_5_6_132, ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_4_6_21 & ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152 are the newest releases. In order to have EAS disable work properly you need to install each one in order. I would upload them but they are to large for the forum and should be searchable on the site.

Correction: The first one is not downloadable via this site so here is a copy.

here is a link to the 2nd: viewtopic.php?p=73926#p73926

here's the 3rd: viewtopic.php?p=84506#p84506
Since I didn't know if the used PCIe 6 (arrived with 14.4.6.21) I recently purchased ever had 13.5.6.132 on it, I backed it down to that build THEN worked back up in the order you listed above.

I really wanted to avoid version 15 due to its bugs.... But from what I understand, it's a must with Cisco CableCARD.

This purchase was probably a waste of money but I'm hoping either I or someone in the Plex forums can figure out how to make it work with Plex DVR.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lharris428

Post by lharris428 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:46 am

Do you know if EAS disable worked by backing it down and bringing it back up? I've got Infinitv4's on 15.1.13.152 that just give me a blank screen when an EAS comes across... I don't think they were ever flashed in that order. Also, what bugs does the v15 release have?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 pm

lharris428 wrote:Do you know if EAS disable worked by backing it down and bringing it back up? I've got Infinitv4's on 15.1.13.152 that just give me a blank screen when an EAS comes across... I don't think they were ever flashed in that order. Also, what bugs does the v15 release have?
I know that it works because I learned by trying to go directly from earlier versions and discovered EAS didn't work, installing the 3 "beta" FWs restores EAS functionality. To downgrade you will need to install the 1.1.8.2 FW from the ceton website under the Linux drivers Here is a direct link http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/infinit ... _8_2.IMAGE