No Signal on particular tuner

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Signal on particular tuner

Post by choliscott » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:23 am

I have a Ceton Infinitv6 PCI & noticed lately a lot of "Can't record ______________ because of no TV Signal". When I look at the history, I've notice the issue is because of tuner 3.

Yesterday, I tried the following:

1) Looked at number of shows being recorded at the time (which was 3). Had WMC start recording shows 4 & 5.

When I tried to watch a 6th show, the screen just showed a black screen (no error message after 30 seconds or so). If I went to the channel guide & selected a currently playing show to record, it threw a no signal message after a short period of time.

Since Warranty is probably out of the question, I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on things to try to either confirm the tuner in question is in fact broken, or something that would cause the tuner to start working again?

Thanks

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Open WMC in windowed mode. Open up the Ceton Diagnostic Tool, go to the CableCARD tab. Recreate the tuner problem in WMC. Does CableCARD Entitlement turn red when you get the no tuner? If so remove and reseat your CableCARD. Plan to go get a new CableCARD.

You can also test Tuner #3 from here too. Make the other 5 busy, and enter a channel # in the top right. Just below the Advanced tab.
Attachments
CableCard001.JPG