Has Ceton Tanked?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:17 am

cozone wrote:I noticed this recently too. Its sad because their technology was incredible, and always ahead of its time. I still have my Infinitv 6 pcie that i got when they first came out and its still working great. Also they work great with linux too. If something were to ever happen to my ceton card, ill probably just drop cable. I don't think i could downgrade to having two 3 tuner HDHRs. It would mean renting two cablecards and getting two HD fees and have two boxes cluttering up my living room. I'll probably get a TBS card for my next tuner. Either for OTA, or FTA satellite or heck maybe even C-band.
Who's your cable provider? I know most charge an HD fee, but never heard of them charging a HD fee for every cable card

ucfknight

Post by ucfknight » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Watching Ceton fail has been very discouraging. They had great ideas that really pushed the media center capabilities forward. Their execution wasn't always spot on (see the Echo disaster and the weak, easily breakable pigtail connector on the PCIe InfiniTV), but their concepts were wonderful. Ceton just didn't have the expertise or the resources to fully realize those plans. I would have liked to have seen Microsoft not give up on media center, purchase Ceton, and put some money and talent behind proper implementation of some of that vision.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Google: Axiim Speakers and Loki Thermometer. Cloaked Ceton :wink:
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:28 am

On the Loki website it has a dedication to Gary Hammer. It says he passed last year. Wasn't he the founder of Ceton?

That would explain why they all of a sudden after Super Bowl fell off the face of the earth last year...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

davidm71

Post by davidm71 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:04 pm

kd6icz wrote:On the Loki website it has a dedication to Gary Hammer. It says he passed last year. Wasn't he the founder of Ceton?

That would explain why they all of a sudden after Super Bowl fell off the face of the earth last year...

I bet thats not true. I just got an email from a John Hammer after I sent an email to Ceton support telling them they're product service sucks. He responded personally saying its out of his control not having Windows 10 support because of microsoft. I responded what does WMC have to do with at least having Win 10 drivers. At very least we should have updated drivers and use the card with other media players as we feel fit like NextPVR or JRiver.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:28 pm

davidm71 wrote:
kd6icz wrote:On the Loki website it has a dedication to Gary Hammer. It says he passed last year. Wasn't he the founder of Ceton?

I bet thats not true. I just got an email from a John Hammer after I sent an email to Ceton support telling them they're product service sucks. He responded personally saying its out of his control not having Windows 10 support because of microsoft. I responded what does WMC have to do with at least having Win 10 drivers. At very least we should have updated drivers and use the card with other media players as we feel fit like NextPVR or JRiver.
Gary and John are not the same guy.... Maybe Gary was the dad or something.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:43 pm

They do make a line of commerical products...

http://cetoncorp.com/commercial-products/

I was looking for an in-house IPTV option for our office (I work at a TV station and we want to run our internal cable line so people could open an app to view the channels). WMC is not an option as most machines are 8.1 or 10...and I ran into it..

Hacking WMC into WIndows 10 or 8.1 in a corporate location would not only be illiegal but, break licenence terms that goes into a place that I would not even THINK about touching. So a 3rd party app would be needed.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

golfgeek

Post by golfgeek » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:01 pm

About Gary Hammer, his family and Ceton:
See http://www.seattletimes.com/business/ki ... ly-affair/