No tuner found infiniTV 4

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
LoJack101

HTPC Specs: Show details

No tuner found infiniTV 4

Post by LoJack101 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:20 am

First off I'm on iPad atm but will give as much info about my PC as possible.
Here's my problem, infinitv 4 PCIe worked in my old PC, if you want, read my older post to see what I was doing which worked great. Now, new PC hardware other then case and PSU. The infiniTV 4 PCIe card sat for almost a year if not a long time.
Thanksgiving was creeping up so I decide to install card and setup as I done many of times when I reinstalled a fresh OS.
To get to the point getting No tuner found. Any ideas? Or suggestions .
PC specs
Asus Gryphon z97 mATX
I7 4790k
16g gskill Trident (forget models)
Windows 7 is on its own SSD, Kingston
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
PC has ran flawless for the past year.
I use it for gaming mostly, but since it's in the bar room, I used it for the TVs also
Media Extenders:
Linksys DMA 2100 ( model # could be wrong but it's the one with DvD)
Xbox 360
I really haven't touch this whole setup in a long time...gonna be about a year.
Things I done so far,
Check ITV4 card in another PC...it worked
Reseated, reinstalled, adjusted plate, basically made sure it's seated right in pci slot.
GFX card is huge so I removed it and tried each slot...nothing
Tried the ip 192.168.200.1, nothing.
It's like it has no power...no lights come on
Played around in bios updated the bios it's self.
Checked pcie slots are enable, set them to each gen 1,2,and 3 if it was an option...nothing
Was thinking slots were bad so I installed gfx card in slot 3 it worked.
I'm pretty sure it's in the newer style bios settings...I'm used to the old blue screen bios.
Sorry for the long post but if anybody has this MoBo or had same problem, let me know couple tips on what u did.
I worked all day today (Sunday) on this, even skipped out on my Sunday afternoon trap shooting to try and figure this out :shock:
Thx for ur time

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:01 pm

The Z87 had the same symptom. There was one other, I'll see if I can find it.

BIOS adjustment allowed the tuner to be discovered.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 456#p57456

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Z97 Mark1

Adjust the speed of the PcIE slot.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 800#p84800

Further in (Page 2?) all steps (1-19) documented.

3. Turn it on and edit the UEFI/BIOS
a. Disable USB3
b. Disable secondary NIC
c. Revert all PCI to legacy speeds
d. Disable additional. I have Raid 1 SSDs for the OS and Raid 1 HDDs for general storage. I disabled the SATA ports for the HDDs until after Windows install.
e. Disable any other extraneous junk that you don’t need.
f. Enable Raid if necessary and build it prior to Windows install.

Here is the Manual:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/GRYPH ... sk_Manual/
Attachments
SabertoothPciE.JPG

LoJack101

Post by LoJack101 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:52 pm

First things first, I really appreciate Crash that you took the time to find this info.
i tried most of everything from there and nothing...i didnt reinstall Windows, but i disabled pretty much everything in 19 step list.
removed anti-virus i was using and installed MSE
one thing i do notice in the UEFI/Bios in the NB PCI Config section PCI 3_1 shows x16 which of course is GFX card, when i switched GFX card to 3_2 and install the ITV4 card in 3_1 which read x1 and vice versa, when nothing is there, it will say "Not Present" as you all know if using this bios.
I'm at a lost tho, i removed the card, maybe ill add it to HTPC. Ill check back here from time to time to read. But again thx for the info

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:19 am

LoJack101 wrote:First things first, I really appreciate Crash that you took the time to find this info.
i tried most of everything from there and nothing...i didnt reinstall Windows, but i disabled pretty much everything in 19 step list.
removed anti-virus i was using and installed MSE
one thing i do notice in the UEFI/Bios in the NB PCI Config section PCI 3_1 shows x16 which of course is GFX card, when i switched GFX card to 3_2 and install the ITV4 card in 3_1 which read x1 and vice versa, when nothing is there, it will say "Not Present" as you all know if using this bios.
I'm at a lost tho, i removed the card, maybe ill add it to HTPC. Ill check back here from time to time to read. But again thx for the info
Your welcome. It was nothing, I didn't have to find the info, I all ready had it.

I like the look of The Sabertooth Line, I have been threatening to get one for a while now. I have been collecting info relating to tuners.

nicholass817 installed 2 InfiniTV 6's in his X97, and while we were working on it, (me watching-him working), I asked him if he would document everything when we got it working, which he did, with that list of 19. So I would imagine NB PCI Config section is a bit biased toward 2 identical Gen 1 cards. I was surprised that he had to disable USB3.0, and all that other stuff, but it appears that board needs to be mostly disabled to force it to recognize GEN1. After it "get's it" everything that was disabled, gets enabled again, and everything works fine together. I would make the Ceton work first then add in the GFX later. Yea, I know this is contradictory to how we were taught. I went to the Video Card First School also.

You would be the 1st (that I have read about) to make an InfiniTV and GFX work in the same box.

LoJack101

Post by LoJack101 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:17 am

i thought a InfiniTV 6 would work with this MoBo also...its a newer model, but then i seen that they use the same drivers (i could be wrong or read wrong) and plus dishing out $250-$300 for that card to run into the same problem. ill sit on it and try again another day, kinda burnt myself out trying to figure this out. I really thought it was going to be an easy setup as i did this hand full of times. The older PC parts (which still running, gave those parts to a good friend's son who was in need of a stronger pc than his current laptop) infiniTV 4 ran perfect...but every 4 to 6 months ill run into error...simple run to Comcast exchange M-Card...paired it and back up and running.Could of been comcast wiring over here which is pretty bad, so i could have lost some signal strength, but in all i was happy. Having both infiniTV 4 card and GFX card ran good...when i first got into this multi TV screen, before during my research, i went ahead and bought the GFX card, it was a GTX 660 back around when that card was about $200. My thought was 3 monitor outputs...3 TVs!, yes...im good!.....no...lol...doesnt work that way...the more i read, the more i understood, thats when i logged on to this site for help. Im going on and on here, lol. I just made some "Coquito" so i have a drink for you...Salud! TY bro for taking the time

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:48 pm

You would be the 1st (that I have read about) to make an InfiniTV and GFX work in the same box. correction, with the X97