Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe on Windows 7 64

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Sirtux

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe on Windows 7 64

Post by Sirtux » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:27 am

Hello everyone,

First i want to thank all for the good posts and work around the forum and i wish i found this place alot earlier. For the last 5 years i have been running WMC with a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe on a Network bridge mode where i use 4 tuners on the living room PC and 2 tuners on my tv in the bedroom. So far had the usual problems with ceton that i eventually fixed by resting the TA and the computer and all that good stuff but never had any thing major so i didnt pay to much attention on getting more out of it. 5 days ago my wife trips a breaker and all went to hell: PC would not recognize the Ceton card witch i uninstalled and then reinstalled ceton and everything went back to normal and for some reason yesterday my DRM got screwed up and i had to delete all recordings that i had on my 3 4TB HDDs and today my EPG123 seems to not comply by showing only "No Data Available" despite redoing everything like 3 times so keeping it short since i am having problems and now everything is from scratch i would like to redo everything and throw another MotherBoard and CPU pick up another HDHomeRun or 2 if it is needed and would like to move the main computer on the basement and have small PCs as clients. I have read that it is now possible to view HBO/Starz and premium channels using a cableCard which it was not possible before.

So what im here seeking advice and instruction on the proper and best way to get this to the more uptodate setup that i can. I would like to get my cards connected to WMC on my "server" where i would like to store everything and then use 2 of my ThinkCenters and my 2 Intel NUCs as clients that eventually can share recordings throughout the network.

cwinfield

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cwinfield » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:40 pm

You can't use 1 computer as a server for other computers for DRM content, having a tuner shared is no problem however only recordings made on that respective computers hard drive will work. If you were using a non cable card tuner you could do what your suggesting without any issue.