InfiniTV not found, random but getting worse

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Important Information
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.

InfiniTV not found, random but getting worse

Post#1 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:37 am

I am running a Infinitv 4 PCIe that has been working fine for several months. Lately I have started to miss recordings because no tuners are found. I have a task set to reboot my system every night because it seems to help ShowAnalyzer work more reliably. When I miss a recording I open the Ceton Diagnostics program and it says the card is not found but when I restart my Windows 7 64 bit again everything is back to normal without doing anything else. Once it is going, everything reports as normal including temp. Any collective wisdom out there? Card just dying?

Rob
Gravydog

Post#2 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Yep, that's a common issue with the InfiniTV, the card just randomly disappears from the system and the only solution is to reboot.

You could try a firmware update or a driver update if available, but your best course of action is to remove the card from your system and throw it out the window.

Get an HDHomeRun Prime and save yourself a lot of time and aggravation. You could probably get a used one for cheap on here or eBay.
Scallica

HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ YrsTGB VeteranStaff
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Post#3 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Scallica wrote:You could probably get a used one for cheap on here or eBay.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11688
Scallica

HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ YrsTGB VeteranStaff
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Post#4 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:14 am

My experience with my Infinitv 6 PCIE is that it is both sensitive to temperature and signal strength. The signal can be good enough for a cable box but a couple decibels too low for the Ceton.

When I had a splitter for my cable modem things were flaky. I added pushing everything through my UPS cable surge suppressor (because it is my equipment and I am going to protect it), modem got a little slower but TV quit altogether. I got a passive 20 decibel amplifier, put it on before the surge suppressor and everything works great. Cable guy came out recently because of Tuning adapter (still the bane of my WMC setup) and said my signal was high, really high. I'll say this, it works. Although recently it has started being weird on some boots and only seeing tuner 5. I think that has more to do with the TA hijinks than anything else because of the correlation of the TA being new and it starting shortly after like a week.

Get a can of air, blow the dust out of everything. Check that all your fans are still working. I've had a passive heat sink on a video card radiate too much heat and cause it to go flaky, temperature diags report ok. Assume it is temperature until you have run the case open and a 20 inch box fan pointed at it. -Note to self, only tuner 5 working sometime... blow dust out of system, check fans :D.
SciFiGeek

Return to Ceton infiniTV Tuners