Infinitv 4 Network Tuner Help

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JohnG

HTPC Specs: Show details

Infinitv 4 Network Tuner Help

Post by JohnG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:37 am

I have been running one of my tuners as a dedicated network tuner to a thin client running W7 on my bedroom TV for almost 5 years with no problems. I recently got a new thin client and installed W7 on it and all of the appropriate Ceton software. I know my HTPC with the infinitv 4 in it is set up properly with its dedicated tuner selected as a network tuner and when I look into task manager under networks it shows my network bridge as active but for some reason when I go to setup the network tuner on the new thin client running W7 it can never find the network tuner on the network? It just says "No Infinitv's were found on your network". I have tried a bunch of different things like turning off windows firewall on both machines which I know should not matter but I figured it was worth a shot. Is there some step I did 5 years ago that I am missing now?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:11 pm

did you run the ceton installer on the client computer? you also have to select to install the network tuners during install of the software. Then you need to set them up in extras under network tuners on the ceton network tuners setup wizard. There were changes to the location of the network tuner made during driver updates.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Go static on the new thin client and make it the same IP as the old one

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:59 am

Crash2009 wrote:Go static on the new thin client and make it the same IP as the old one
This is exactly what I ended up doing.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 am

Either that or......

Remove the new thin and plug in the old thin.....then do a factory reset on the InfiniTV4.....after that, install the new thin as normal...like you did 5 years ago.

The tuner remembers the IP...maybe MAC too. If you screw it up you will end up with Orfaned Tuner...Might be impossible to fix that. Winfield and I have both tried to help others with Orfaned Tuner with limited success.

InfiniTV4 has a memory chip that saves the ID of the Network Tuner...IP for sure, possibly MAC also.

Factory Reset is likely the best option, but you need the original thin client.

zombie886

Post by zombie886 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:44 am

Guys looking for a little help. My C Drive Died last week and I just rebuild my computer with a new SSD and i cant get the program to find the tuner card but it shows up in the device manager any ideas?
centon issue.JPG
screen shot

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:53 am

On the network adapter in network connections, right click>properties>TCP/IP4> manually set the adapter to the desired IP address, subnet 255.255.255 dns 8.8.8.8./8.8.4.4. then you should be able to access the web portal at the IP you entered. on the system tab click network settings and click the default DHCP option.

zombie886

Post by zombie886 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:21 pm

cwinfield wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:53 am On the network adapter in network connections, right click>properties>TCP/IP4> manually set the adapter to the desired IP address, subnet 255.255.255 dns 8.8.8.8./8.8.4.4. then you should be able to access the web portal at the IP you entered. on the system tab click network settings and click the default DHCP option.
Cwinfield thank you for trying to help me i have done as instructed but i can not get to the webpage I have tired to use Firefox and IE both with no luck. I can open a command promp window and ping 192.168.1.200 but can not get the page to load. Please see the attached photo and let me know if you have any other thoughts. Please and thank you :)
Attachments
ceton issue 3.JPG

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:20 am

Nothing good. I suggest u give a static IP on your router at that IP address and also give the router IP as default gateway. Sorry don't have any other suggestions. May find better info searching the forum. Try a different PCIE slot if u can.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Read through this thread and attempt some of the steps listed to see if you can get your tuner back: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=8495

zombie886

Post by zombie886 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 pm

cwinfield wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:06 pm Read through this thread and attempt some of the steps listed to see if you can get your tuner back: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=8495
Cwinfield,

I was reading though that other thread and tried bridging the two connections and BOOM the tuner card was found and when i go into WMC it finds all 4 tuners. Next I went to the devices tab and hit reset network setting the bridged connection icon went away, then I shut down and rebooted the computer. When the computer came back up it wouldn't find the card again until i redid the network bride. IS this a OK way to use the card by having the bride or is something still wrong? Spoke too soon when i setup WMC and try and watch TV I get the Service is unavailable message.
Attachments
ceton issue 4.JPG
centon issue 5.JPG

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Did you change back the changes made to network adapter? I would do that first then I would try to run the network tuners wizard to remove the bridge found in extras by selecting reset to factory default settings, you need to select this as an optional install while installing tuner.
Untitled.jpg

zombie886

Post by zombie886 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:14 am

I did do the network setup wizard reset option and got the same result :'( I also used to it re-setup up the tuners while renaming my computer to what they show up as attached too in the setup wizard and nothing. comcast says they see the card and its connected and paired correctly and i can get to the tuners webpage and it shows the its up and running when WMC has a channel on but nothing on the screen just the same service message.
Attachments
ceton issue 5.JPG

zombie886

Post by zombie886 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:36 am

cwinfield thank you for all your help!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I GOT IT WORKING!!!! I had to go into the device manager go to the Device properties tab and then under advanced turn support Bridging value from no to yes and BOOM!!! I got the tuners back!!! I still have one orphaned tuner but I have been living with that for the past 3 years.
Attachments
ceton fixed 1.JPG