Duplicate listings

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dgre057

HTPC Specs: Show details

Duplicate listings

Post by dgre057 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi there, I run WMC using two satellite tuners through DVBLink TVSource, and use the Ceton companion app to set remote recordings. When I view listings by channel, the listings duplicate every few seconds. Anyone know what causes this? It makes it very difficult to scroll through, but is the way O like to check for upcoming movies etc. I might want to record.

Thanks heaps!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:58 am

Do you have dupes in WMC? if so, zap the dupes with Guide Tool and reboot everything.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... discussion

dgre057

Post by dgre057 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 pm

How would the duplicates in WMC appear? There are no duplicate listings in the guide, or if I view listings by channel (like I do in the MyMC app).

I should say, the guide view in the MyMC app is fine - it's just when I view it in the channel list (attached some screen shots). But I find the channel list a much quicker way to look for upcoming shows/movies etc.
Attachments
20151120_221813000_iOS.png
MyMC_Channel
20151120_222106000_iOS.png
MyMC_Guide

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Looks like the same program is on two different channels. Find the other channel and remove it from your lineup.

dgre057

Post by dgre057 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:42 pm

There are two tuners setup for each channel...but only one channel included in the TV setup in WMC. This problem occurs for all channels (that I have tested).

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:35 am

You could try this.....

Go into the advanced settings for MMC.....put a check mark in Clear Cache, and boot the device. It will rebuild.

dgre057

Post by dgre057 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:57 am

Sorry for letting this pass for so long. I've tried resetting the cache but that hasn't helped. When I first open the channel list there is only one instance of each program. I then scroll down, and at the point it needs to load more shows, the duplicates begin to appear. Sometimes there will be three instances of each show listed.

Hopefully that makes sense. Each time I open the channel, before scrolling, there are no duplicates. But as soon as I start scrolling, duplicates start appearing.

Incidentally, when I use the Windows App it doesn't show duplicates. But unfortunately the Windows App also doesn't include program details etc., so it's not very useful (I do wish it would get an update. At the moment I never use it - I have to use my phone. But if it worked the same, I would way rather use it on my Surface).

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:05 pm

MMC has no brains of its own. MMC only displays what the HTPC allows it to display. I would think that even though the problem is displayed in the MMC App, the true cause originates from elsewhere. Since I have no experience with DVBLink TVSource, I am unable to suggest any troubleshooting in that direction. I suspect that MMC is displaying what WMC see's, so, if MMC displays 2 or 3 copies of the same channel, then, WMC needs to be adjusted to display only 1 copy.

Open up WMC, go to the EPG Guide, right click a television show that shows up in MMC in dup or trip-licate, then click Edit Sources, and un-check all but one Source. Boot the phone and run MMC again, and check to see if that one channel shows up normally. If it works you might have to do that for every channel....

Edit Channels, as well as a few other tuner/guide tasks are displayed with pictures and a short description over here >>>>>>>

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 988#p99988

dgre057

Post by dgre057 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

So most channels certainly have more than one source (two). If I only have one source selected for each channel, I would only be able to watch/record one channel at a time, right? I do have one channel that only has one source, but it suffers the same problem.

Also, it's not the channels that are duplicated. There is only one instance of each channel in MMC (and WMC). And when I open the channel, there is only one instance of each show listed:
20160410_190919000_iOS.png
Before loading subsequent
But, when I scroll down to (in this case) 9:55 am and it has to load the subsequent shows, this is what happens.
20160410_190932000_iOS.png
After loading subsequent
It's the shows before 9:55 am, which weren't duplicated until it "refreshed" to load shows after 9:55 am, that are now duplicated. Also it's only going to record one instance of "Hours", even though it's now showing it twice. And again, I don't have any issues in the MMC Windows App - only one listing is shown for each show, regardless of how many times I "load more".

So I don't think the issue is with WMC, or the EPG Guide there. It's seems to be something that gets pulled in when the iOS app "loads more" shows in that particular view. Like maybe instead of just loading the subsequent shows, it loads the subsequent shows and reloads the previous shows, so that the previous shows are now duplicated?

Welcome any more thoughts :) Thanks

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Let me put it to you this way..... I have 650 channels. Right off the top, I have deleted around 200 because I have no interest in music, shopping, community access, foreign language or cartoons. That leaves me 450 right? So I go through the 450 and I find duplicates and triplicates. So I delete all the SD 480's, the SD 720's, and I keep all the HD 1080's. That trimmed me down to about 150 channels. So I do a little channel surfing and I still find duplicates. So I go in there again and I find some channels are broadcast in HD 1080 twice. Did a little more zapping and ended up with 105 unique channels.

When I look in my phones MMC App Premiers only shows 1 copy.

Innocence 7:45 am tomorrow is just showing you that the Premier is available on 2 different sources in the same time slot.

A software named Guide Tool will make the channel edit easy, and you can back up the channel list. If your WMC ever blows up and you have to re-build, all you have to do is go into guide tool and restore

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:43 pm

dgre057 wrote:If I only have one source selected for each channel, I would only be able to watch/record one channel at a time, right?
No, you will still be able to use 2 tuners at the same time with 2 different shows playing or recording.

Test one channel like I suggested in the previous post, so you can prove it for yourself. You can always put the checkmarks back.