Official iOS 8/9 Tester Thread

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dkrom

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by dkrom » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:55 am

After restarting and force quitting the app the remote is working again. Testing controlling both the PC and extender.

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Using the latest 1.4.2 on an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 9. Is the remote supposed to scale up to take all the space on the phone or is the gray space below the buttons normal?

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:10 pm

@volfan6415 That is looking correct. I was able to stretch things left to right not top to bottom.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

pctechyoda

Post by pctechyoda » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:59 pm

So far I still haven't run into any bug issues... but I did have one request I was hoping might be able to be entertained. I noticed that on the "Channels" pane, you can choose to filter to only show your HD channels, but there's no filtering ability for the "Guide" pane whatsoever. Any chance you'll add filtering? At the very least, sorting out just my HD channels would be awesome, and if it had the full sort abilities like in WMC's native guide (i.e. to sort out sports, movies, etc) that'd be even better just in terms of navigation.

Keep up the great work!

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Motz wrote:Will fix this. New 1.4.0 (build 1.4.2) will be out today/tomorrow. If anyone has sub channels I would be interested to know if my fix didn't break that.

Best,
James
I have sub channels and everything is displaying correctly on the most recent build 1.4.2.

alan

Post by alan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:33 pm

iphone 6 128G
IOS 9.0
MMC 1.4.0 (1.4.2)

I went back though everything. The channel list sorts correctly for me on the Channel page now. All else works for me as well with the one exception noted below.

As mentioned by another tester, I also have the issue in the Guide with most of the Music Channels not showing any info. I have FIOS and do not really use them so I would not normally looked up that far in the guide. I have an old iPhone 4 that is on IOS 8 and still has the old MMC 1.3 and the MC channels show data on there.

I was also able to test remote access this morning using my DynDNS address and forwarded port and that works fine.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Build 1.4.0 (1.4.3) is available.

Testing a very specific issue: Please uninstall and re-install application and try scanning for PCs through the welcome wizard and on the main PC page

Thanks everyone for the reports I think it is just about ready to go.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

tad

Post by tad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:48 pm

LOVE that the app now uses the entire screen :-)

One thing I noticed is that there is no way to specify a specific channel to record in the recording series management. Maybe it was always like this -- I don't recall since I don't manage the recordings from my phone very often.
Anyway, if you go to series management, then select a series to manage, then select channels, and then select Other, the app doesn't bring up any option to select the specific channel. I'm not at home now, but I'm pretty certain that from within media center you can limit recording of a series to a specific channel -- which I assume is the point of the "Other" option. Right now, "Other" doesn't appear to do anything. Not sure if this is a bug or if "Other" has some other purpose.

RyC

Post by RyC » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Another thing I've noticed is that recordings scheduled through MMC do not record with the 2 minute before/3 minute after buffers (or whatever the default is). Was this ever fixed? Maybe I'm using an old version of the services

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:37 pm

pctechyoda wrote:So far I still haven't run into any bug issues... but I did have one request I was hoping might be able to be entertained. I noticed that on the "Channels" pane, you can choose to filter to only show your HD channels, but there's no filtering ability for the "Guide" pane whatsoever. Any chance you'll add filtering? At the very least, sorting out just my HD channels would be awesome, and if it had the full sort abilities like in WMC's native guide (i.e. to sort out sports, movies, etc) that'd be even better just in terms of navigation.

Keep up the great work!

You can do this via the settings menu from the main screen. There is an option to only show HD in the guide.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:39 pm

RyC wrote:Another thing I've noticed is that recordings scheduled through MMC do not record with the 2 minute before/3 minute after buffers (or whatever the default is). Was this ever fixed? Maybe I'm using an old version of the services
Interesting, I think it changed via services, but no app functionality changed at all.

tad wrote:LOVE that the app now uses the entire screen :-)

One thing I noticed is that there is no way to specify a specific channel to record in the recording series management. Maybe it was always like this -- I don't recall since I don't manage the recordings from my phone very often.
Anyway, if you go to series management, then select a series to manage, then select channels, and then select Other, the app doesn't bring up any option to select the specific channel. I'm not at home now, but I'm pretty certain that from within media center you can limit recording of a series to a specific channel -- which I assume is the point of the "Other" option. Right now, "Other" doesn't appear to do anything. Not sure if this is a bug or if "Other" has some other purpose.
It has always worked this way, other is if you set it from Media Center directly as a channel. I recommend not changing this. If I remember there wasn't a good API via Media Center to set it, but it has always worked this way.

In general I haven't fixed or changed any functionality, so everything has been this way for years now :) I am just optimizing for performance, iOS 9, and any small bug fixes. I think it is looking rock solid though.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:40 pm

volfan6415 wrote:
Motz wrote:Will fix this. New 1.4.0 (build 1.4.2) will be out today/tomorrow. If anyone has sub channels I would be interested to know if my fix didn't break that.

Best,
James
I have sub channels and everything is displaying correctly on the most recent build 1.4.2.

Lovely! Thank you for checking. The Media Center I am testing against doesn't have sub channels, so this is great to see.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Off topic I know (sorry), but I'm curious. Motz, do you still run a Windows Media Center system at home?

alan

Post by alan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:50 pm

iPhone 6 128G
IOS 9.0
MMC 1.4.0 (1.4.3)

1)First try: Deleted and re-installed MMC. From the wizard it only found one of my WMC's. I ran the Wi-Fi scan twice from there. I ran the Wi-Fi scan from the Select PC screen and it picked up the second WMC.

2)Second try: Deleted and re-installed MMC. From the wizard the Wi-Fi scan found both WMC's.

3)Third try: Deleted and re-installed MMC. Skipped the wizard and did the Wi-Fi scan from the Select PC screen and it found both WMC'S.

RyC

Post by RyC » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Motz wrote:
RyC wrote:Another thing I've noticed is that recordings scheduled through MMC do not record with the 2 minute before/3 minute after buffers (or whatever the default is). Was this ever fixed? Maybe I'm using an old version of the services
Interesting, I think it changed via services, but no app functionality changed at all.
Thanks. I updated to the latest stable services and the buffers still do not get included for recordings scheduled through MMC. Is there any chance this could get fixed? The app looks good on the 6 plus though, I'll post if I notice any other issues!

Chameleon360

Post by Chameleon360 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Just noticing that all episodes in the TV Gallery view are being grouped under "Season 0" for all season passes. Not sure if others are seeing this one or not?!

Also, installed the new update today and WiFi search didn't pick up my WMC PC. I don't know that this has ever worked for me though and I've always just manually entered the internal IP, which did work fine.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Chameleon360 wrote:Just noticing that all episodes in the TV Gallery view are being grouped under "Season 0" for all season passes. Not sure if others are seeing this one or not?!

Also, installed the new update today and WiFi search didn't pick up my WMC PC. I don't know that this has ever worked for me though and I've always just manually entered the internal IP, which did work fine.

This has always been a known issue as Media Center doesn't have this information.

RyC wrote: Thanks. I updated to the latest stable services and the buffers still do not get included for recordings scheduled through MMC. Is there any chance this could get fixed? The app looks good on the 6 plus though, I'll post if I notice any other issues!
I am just working on the app not on the services.
3rob3 wrote:Off topic I know (sorry), but I'm curious. Motz, do you still run a Windows Media Center system at home?
I do not, I use Xbox One with a OTA tuner currently. I stream Netflix and Google Play Movies to my Chromecast :)
alan wrote:iPhone 6 128G
IOS 9.0
MMC 1.4.0 (1.4.3)

1)First try: Deleted and re-installed MMC. From the wizard it only found one of my WMC's. I ran the Wi-Fi scan twice from there. I ran the Wi-Fi scan from the Select PC screen and it picked up the second WMC.

2)Second try: Deleted and re-installed MMC. From the wizard the Wi-Fi scan found both WMC's.

3)Third try: Deleted and re-installed MMC. Skipped the wizard and did the Wi-Fi scan from the Select PC screen and it found both WMC'S.

Alan, this is great testing! Thank you. Glad it didn't crash :) that is what is important there. Whatever I changed probably fixed it.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

RyC

Post by RyC » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:42 pm

No worries, just glad to have the app working again and looking nice :D

One minor thing I noticed is that I have a PC named as "Living Room", and in the header and also home button label, it gets cut off to "Living Roo".

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 pm

RyC wrote:No worries, just glad to have the app working again and looking nice :D

One minor thing I noticed is that I have a PC named as "Living Room", and in the header and also home button label, it gets cut off to "Living Roo".
Yup, there is a max length that can be displayed :( just do LivingRoom :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

theraapster

Post by theraapster » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:59 am

Motz wrote: Alan, this is great testing! Thank you. Glad it didn't crash :) that is what is important there. Whatever I changed probably fixed it.
Confirmed, tested scanning via the wizard and from the Select PC screen. I thought I remember this working in the past though?

Still on an iPhone 6s+, iOS 9.0.1, MMC v 1.4.0 (1.4.3).