Recorded Series Help

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Ambientgirl

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded Series Help

Post by Ambientgirl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello

I've recently installed the Ceton Companion App V. 1.2.4 for my Samsung Tablet 2. I'm loving this so far. Unfortunately, the first day I installed it I was trying to learn how to use it and I hit record button to record a show. I quickly hit canceled but and it stopped. The problem that I'm having is each day the show tries to record. I've looked under 'Scheduled Recordings' and there is nothing showing. I've also looked under 'Series Management' and once again nothing is showing but when I go to 'Guide' it has a red dot next to the show.

From the guide I hit the red buttons on the top of the screen and it says ' canceling series - canceling recording'. Then it stops recording. I then went onto my Windows Media Center which controls my TV and made sure everything had no mentions of recorded shows.

Once again today - as i'm watching TV - windows media center shows a message that it is about to change channel because there is a program that is scheduled for recording. I've searched media center and I can't find anything that is linking this show but when I go back to my app and look at the 'Guide' the red dot appears next to the show and I have to cancel it again from the app to make it stop recording.

How do I delete this series as I do not want to record this show daily?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you
' Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.' - Kurt Vonnegut

'I want to stand as close to the edge without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things that you can't see in the center. ' - Kurt Vonnegut

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Just an idea...

Try adding the show from the Media Center interface and then remove it again from within the MC interface (rather than using the Ceton app).

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Interesting... inside of media center go to:

Recorded TV-> View Scheduled->Series

and see if anything is in there.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Ambientgirl

Post by Ambientgirl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Motz wrote:Interesting... inside of media center go to:

Recorded TV-> View Scheduled->Series

and see if anything is in there.

When I go there it says ' No Recording Series is Scheduled'.
' Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.' - Kurt Vonnegut

'I want to stand as close to the edge without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things that you can't see in the center. ' - Kurt Vonnegut

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 am

That is very very strange. Is it still doing it? I am not sure what media center is trying to do.

When the show tries to come on what does the guide look like inside of media center? Does it have the recording icon next to the show? if so you can toggle through it 2 times to turn it off.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

ronaldusmagnus

Post by ronaldusmagnus » Fri May 17, 2013 4:57 pm

I am having same problem. I have the Ceton android app on a Galaxy Note. I accidentally scheduled Friends series to record from app and then removed. Friends series continues to record series even though it is not listed in scheduled series list. Added and removed series from pc and app again but Friends continues to record about 5 episodes an day. Under scheduled recordings it does not show that any Friends episodes are scheduled to be recorded and Friends is not listed under series. Getting old having to delete all of the Friends recording. Will format and do system restore soon if I cannot find solution.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri May 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Have you tried to in WMC to re-schedule the series recording and then go into recorded tv->scheduled recordings and cancel the series?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

ronaldusmagnus

Post by ronaldusmagnus » Fri May 17, 2013 6:29 pm

"Added and removed series from pc and app again but Friends continues to record about 5 episodes an day" I uninstalled Ceton software from PC for testing purposes. Will know this afternoon if the record command is coming from app or pc.. Update.. Friends is recording again and does not show that it is even scheduled or listed as a scheduled series. I've used Media Center for years and have never seen this happen. Believe Ceton app is the cause. Will rerun tv setup to see if that resolves problem.
Last edited by ronaldusmagnus on Fri May 17, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri May 17, 2013 7:14 pm

The app/services only put in the request once when you press the button, so interesting as I have never seen it. I would assume that you could re-run tv setup (write down your series recordings first) and then it should clear out the WMC DB.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

aeroconfigs

Post by aeroconfigs » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:24 am

Same problem here. I'll try re-running TV setup. It's for college football. All the bowls are getting recorded but it doesn't show in scheduled recordings or series management. The only place it shows the red circle is in mymediacenter guide, not in wmc guide.

Once the show starts, it starts recording and goes into recorded tv. And the red dot goes next to the show info overlay when you tune to the channel. Not sure if it shows up in guide then. If I go into mmc and try to cancel the recording by removing the x's from the red dot circles, they go away but come right back the next time I select the show.

ctbcubed

Post by ctbcubed » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:40 pm

I had the same problem with version 1.3.2.3 installed on a Dell Windows 8.1 tablet. I too randomly hit record to test the app and immediately stopped the recording, satisfied that it worked. Today I found I had 22 episodes of Golden Girls (aargh) in my recorded programs directory. I looked on Windows Media Center and there was nothing to indicate that those programs should be recorded. When I went to my tablet and searched for Golden Girls, a whole bunch of episodes showed up with the red dot indicating they were scheduled to record. I went back to Windows Media Center and scheduled Golden Girls to record all episodes and then told it not to record any of them. They disappeared from WMC and DID NOT show in the list of upcoming recordings in My Media Center. However, when I went to the My Media Center Guide, there they where with the red dot next to them. I could delete them but they just keep coming back. I do recall that I installed MMC services on the HTPC, but in my haste to try things out, I did not reboot first. Perhaps that caused some sort of corruption to the WMC database.

Finally, as a last resort, I deleted the Windows Media Center database. This meant I had to set up my tuners, guide and recording schedules all over again, but at least I don't have the phantom Golden Girls episodes showing up in my MMC guide with the red dot.

Now if I could only get this thing to work remotely (WIFI works, 3G/4G doesn't) on my Sprint connected Android phone, things would be great!

azmc

Post by azmc » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:38 am

I have just run into this bug - I accidentally hit record series when I was going to record a single college basketball game. I quickly hit the cancel, but now I have loads of games recording or attempted to record (crikey there are hundreds of televised games). Nowhere does this show up as a series or as scheduled recordings in WMC. The only place to see this is on my Android app. They cannot be removed or cancelled or anything. Tried adding and removing the series in WMC. Deleting ALL scheduled recordings. System restore. Uninstalling MMC on everything. Rebooting. From MMC, I cannot add the series, because it thinks there already is one - the only option is to cancel and that will not work.

Anything short of resetting WMC that will possibly remove these?

azmc

Post by azmc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Running through the guide setup cleaned up the phantom series issue.