iOS app, no subchannels listed in Guide

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Cup

HTPC Specs: Show details

iOS app, no subchannels listed in Guide

Post by Cup » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:51 am

Hi, everybody! It's been a while! Life has kept me away from these parts for a while.......

Anyhoo. So, like the title says:
iOS MMC app (on the wife's phone), my local channels aren't listed in her Guide.

On my Media Center (Win7), I have all of my local (HD) channels re-mapped to their OTA channel numbers (e.g. ABC is at 7.1-7.3.)
Problem: on the wife's phone (and, only on the wife's phone), our local channels (because, it looks like, they're all subchannels) don't show up in her Guide.
Works fine on my phone (Win10), and on my tablet (Win10), or my computers (Win8.1.) Worked fine on her (old) Android phone.

Aside from re-assigning all of my local channels to non-subchannel numbers (which I really don't want to do), anyone have any other workarounds?
(Ideally, a fix from Ceton would be great. But, I do see that this likely isn't coming.....)

TIA,
Cup
-Cup
~~Nearly every day of my life is some kind of computer hell....

Click here for my system specs

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:36 am

Motz is/was working on MMC for IOS recently.....

I just glanced through the thread. Looks like sub-channels are working for some...

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 931#p96931

Cup

Post by Cup » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:09 am

Thanks for the link.

That's the version she's on (1.4.5.) Possibly the one difference on my machine is that my Guide data is (now) from EPG123. Who knows......
And, it worked just fine, the last time that she had an iPhone (which was about 2.5 years ago.)

Maybe just chalk it up to "no matter the platform, Katie will always have something about the phone that she doesn't like." (she's had iOS, WinPhone 8.1, and Android phones.)
((shrugs))
-Cup

Cup

Post by Cup » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:34 pm

So, an update.
I had to re-run TV setup a couple weeks ago (BH borked my local channels, because I forgot to disable the background channel scan), and.... she has subchannels again.
Weird - but, I'll take it.
-Cup