Why doesn't "Recorded TV" show CHANNEL of recording?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
DSperber

HTPC Specs: Show details

Why doesn't "Recorded TV" show CHANNEL of recording?

Post by DSperber » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:56 am

Strange.

I was looking through "Recorded TV" using My Media Center on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android) while I'm out of town for two weeks, just to make sure all of my scheduled recordings were made as expected. And everything is fine.

But I noticed that the CHANNEL name/number of the recorded programs is not shown... on any recording. The program title is shown, along with the date/time and duration. But not the channel number-name.

In contrast, SCHEDULED RECORDINGS items all show the date/time of the upcoming recording as well as the duration of the recording, as well as the channel number and channel name (e.g. 314-NBCSN).

Am I alone here in noticing this? Is this unique to my own WMC setup, which now uses EPG123 (fed from Schedules Direct) as the Guide info source for WMC instead of MS and Rovi?

I guess I never noticed this before, but I can't imagine why channel number/name wouldn't be shown on a Recorded TV entry especially since the info is clearly available and appears as expected in the "SCHEDULED RECORDINGS" items. So I'm trying to figure out if this is a new issue resulting from my conversion of WMC's Guide to EPG123, or if this is just the way it is for everyone and has always been this way (which I would would consider a "defect", in my opinion).

Surely it makes perfect sense to expect to see the channel number/name on Recorded TV items, same as for Scheduled Recordings items.

Anybody else?

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:55 am

So? There are obviously users of My Media Center who are reading this thread.

All I ask is that at least one other person reply that their recorded items do or do not show channel number/name, same as upcoming scheduled recordings do.

Just a yay or nay, that's all I ask please.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Just set this up last night. I also do not get channel info on Recordings. Also using EPG123 and SD.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1