Movie folders not being renamed

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
micneamol

HTPC Specs: Show details

Movie folders not being renamed

Post by micneamol » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:25 pm

I recently bought my media center for my android phone and installed the appropriate software on my windows 8.1 pc. I was having trouble getting all of my movies to show up on the android app. I read in another post that this can be caused by the name of the folder the movie is in. I changed the advanced settings to rename the movie folders to the "title (year)" format. Some of the folders were renamed and they now show up in the app. However, not all of the folders were renamed and only the ones that were renamed show up in the app. I'm wondering if anyone has a thought as to how to get the other folders to be renamed. I've tried removing the movie folder from the config application and re-adding it and uninstalling the pc software and re-installing after a reboot. Neither worked. If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

DOS4EVER

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DOS4EVER » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:50 pm

My Media Center uses Yammm to search tmdb.org for the movie title. The name of the folder needs to closely match the movie title as much as possible so Yammm can find the movie.

If the folders still do not get renamed then you can manually append the movie identification number from tmdb.org to the end of the folder title.

I.E.
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/36593- ... nal-insult

Folder name:
naked gun 33[tmdb=36593]