My Media Center no longer available in Windows Phone Store

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Important Information
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.

Re: My Media Center no longer available in Windows Phone Sto

Post#21 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:35 am

DavidinCT wrote:Check in your app history, if it was paid for, it will be in your history. See if you can manually install it.

Apps that have been pulled from the store can normally be installed this way. Just because they are not available to the public but, if you own the app, you should be able to still download it.

That used to work, but I had to clean install Windows 10 the other day and the My Media Center app isn't in the list of purchased apps any longer. It also does not appear in the separate list of "not compatible" apps.

Links to the app have also been removed.

While I have heard several reasons why the app is no longer available in the store, I think the most likely reason is unrelated to "Ceton." Microsoft has been clearing out ALL Windows Store apps that conform to their updated age ratings. It was also a couple of years ago that My Media Center was removed from the Windows Store because it didn't adhere to updated API for search, etc. After (many?) complaints, MS brought the app back -- even without the required update.

I don't know how I will do it, but I will certainly make a complaint to MS somewhere/somehow... I really love and NEED the ability to control my Media Center PC remotely or while traveling from my phone.

It double hurts since the app can still be purchased from the Apple Store and Google Play! :'(
jfreiman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#22 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:06 pm

jfreiman,

I have moved to remote potato and media buddy on my windows phone. For the desktop, I use remote potato and remote guide. Media Buddy on my phone has the ability to stream recorded TV, a nice feature when on the road. Overall performance of the app is ok. My Media Center app was very solid at the end. This seems to have the same stability issues as all apps in the beginning.

Give it a try. It is a substitute. No substitute has all the fix of the original!

goatster1
goatster1

Post#23 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm

jfreiman wrote:
DavidinCT wrote:Links to the app have also been removed.
(...)

I don't know how I will do it, but I will certainly make a complaint to MS somewhere/somehow... I really love and NEED the ability to control my Media Center PC remotely or while traveling from my phone.

+1 its very disappointing that not only MS prohibit WMC on W10 but ALSO modern apps which can control it remotely, apps legaly and definitelly sold to customers (in my case 2x4,99 euros in feb 2015)

if you decide to do your complaint, i want to join
lachape_one

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#24 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 am

Ugh. I just found this when I went to install the app from my library.
Ceton got a lot of my money and would've gotten more I'd they kept innovating. Shame they abandoned good product and software. The my media center app was good and still worked.
Ergh.
mercblue281

Previous

Return to Ceton My Media Center