Hauppauge 1600 combo tuner--analog part gives low bit rate

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
jjacksqr

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge 1600 combo tuner--analog part gives low bit rate

Post by jjacksqr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:57 am

I have a Hauppauge 1600 combo tuner (analog/digital) running on Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. After installing, the digital tuner works great. The analog tuner also installed fine but isn't working fine. I get this on WMC when I tune to a cable (analog) station:
Low bit rate. The tuner has stopped capturing data. Make sure the tuner is installed correctly and the software drivers are up to date.
I know my system can handle an analog tuner. I previously had an analog tuner card running on XP and then Vista 32 bit. After I upgraded to 7 64 bit, I couldn't get a driver for that card so I bought the 1600.
I know there is an msu patch that is supposed to fix this issue, but when I try to install that patch I'm informed that it isn't compatible with my system even though it is the 64-bit version on the patch.
I have searched for a similar issue to this online but so far haven't seen anything.

jjacksqr

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jjacksqr » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:55 pm

One more point.
I noticed that if I have WMC muted, I'm able to get about a minute of closed-captioning content from a tuned-in analog channel before the low-bit-rate message appears.
Does anyone know if there is a registry value to set the bit rate differently?