HD PVR 1212 and Dish Network

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
ctechbob

HTPC Specs: Show details

HD PVR 1212 and Dish Network

Post by ctechbob » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:01 am

Has anyone here ever had any luck at all with getting either the HD PVR itself or a standalone MCE blaster to change the channels on a Dish Network receiver? I've been fighting for 2 days now to try and get something to work, including playing around with IR Server Suite to no avail. I can get IRSS to blast a channel out to the receiver, and have entered all of the command line stuff into the Hauppauge Media Center setup app, but once MC loads it never does send any commands out.

Anyone have any suggestions before I launch this whole thing into low earth orbit?

Thanks!!

ctechbob

Post by ctechbob » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Well, problem solved. Putting the solution here in case someone comes looking. Yes IRSS works and works well. The problem is, you have to find and download the older version of it. The newest one that you find online will not work:

IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.5.0.62 - Does not work

125808_IR_Server_Suite_-_Test_Build_1.4.2.3158 - Does work

Problem solved, now to put my HTPC area back together!!

texasex1998

Post by texasex1998 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:50 pm

ctechbob wrote:Well, problem solved. Putting the solution here in case someone comes looking. Yes IRSS works and works well. The problem is, you have to find and download the older version of it. The newest one that you find online will not work:

IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.5.0.62 - Does not work

125808_IR_Server_Suite_-_Test_Build_1.4.2.3158 - Does work

Problem solved, now to put my HTPC area back together!!

where did you find an older version please?