Dual Colossus and WMC7 IP tuning issue

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
michelle

HTPC Specs: Show details

Dual Colossus and WMC7 IP tuning issue

Post by michelle » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 pm

I am running dual colossus cards in Win7 x64 pro with directv H24 receivers with ip tuning. Everything is set up in WMC and records fine, but once in a while the ip tuning doesn't work. I have found that the only way to get it to work again is to rerun TV signal setup. I've have tried a lot of troubleshooting, but cannot narrow it down. I have static ip's set in the receivers and reserved in my router, both receivers have the whole home things allowed. I have tried switching receivers, switching cards, switching any and all cables, re-seating cards, changed wireless adapters to one wireless media bridge, uninstalled anti-virus software, changed usb ir receiver back to the microsoft oem dual, had a script to close WMC nightly, and even reset the whole setup (drivers, WMC itself, etc). When this happens, I can open a cmd prompt and run the ip tuning script and it works perfect, but go back to WMC and it changes it to something totally different, which leads me to believe that it's somewhere in between the card talking to WMC.

I went two weeks without it happening and now it happened two nights so far this week - Sunday and Tuesday. I did the automatic setup on Sunday, but did the manual setup Tuesday. I was trying to test if it had anything to do with remoting in to the machine, so I tried that on Saturday, but Saturday night the feed went out due to snow on the dish. So I can't tell which thing was the culprit. Sunday - I reran setup and then reset both receivers. Monday recording went fine, Tuesday night one receiver was all wrong channels again. The only thing I did Monday was record a program with play later.

Has anyone else experienced this? have anything else to try or have any ideas of what is going on?