ATI TV Wonder DCT Tuning Adapter Help

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
JohnG

HTPC Specs: Show details

ATI TV Wonder DCT Tuning Adapter Help

Post by JohnG » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:19 pm

I am having to RMA my Ceton Infinitv 4 so while it is away being fixed I pulled out my old ATI TV Wonder digital cable tuner which I know is only a single tuner but I would like to use it for the week or so that my Ceton card is away so I can watch football. I got it installed on my Windows 7 64 bit pc and windows automatically updated the firmware to the newest version available and I did digital cable adviser again and setup my cable connection again through WMC by calling TWC and pairing the cable card to the tuner just fine and everything works just like it is supposed to only the ATI cable tuner will not see my cisco tuning adapter to allow me to get SDV channels. The guy I talked to at TWC's Buffalo cable card office was very knowledgeable and he tried to help for for about a hour but we were still not able to make it work. The tuning adapter is installed on the pc and was working fine with the ceton card that was in it before as is shown in this picture of the device manager. http://i.imgur.com/RD8500M.jpg but for some reason the ATI tuner can not see it or can not communicate with it. This is what shows up under the tuning resolver tab in the ATI diagnostics window. http://i.imgur.com/ZUHlySn.png I turned off windows firewall and my security essentials but that did not change anything. I found this link from 2009 where a guy did the exact same thing I am attempting to do and his just worked out of the box and found the same exact model of cisco tuning adapter that I am using. http://connecteddigitalworld.com/2009/1 ... day-night/ I have tried unplugging both the USB and power to the TA and plugging them back in to sync and it still will not see it. Is there some kind of driver I need to get this working or possibly do I need to open some sort of port? Any help you guys could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:21 pm

I am kind of surprised it has been 5 days and still no responses. I believe I figured out what the problem is though. When I looked at the drivers for the tuning adapter it was still using the ceton corp supplied drivers and I am guessing those will not work with the ATI cable tuner. I am just going to roll with it for now and not mess with any of the drivers because my RMA'ed Ceton infinitv should be here this week and I want to be able to put it back in and have it just work.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Let's go Buffalo!

Believe it or not, all of TWC CableCARD support is through Buffalo.

Anyway, glad you got it figured out. When we had ATI DCT before Ceton, it worked with TWC's TA. We had 2 ATI DCT's, rented two CableCARDS and but only needed 1 TA. Ceton was the so much needed light at the end of the tunnel with the quad and then hex tuner capabilities.

Without a TA, you will only be able to get local broadcast channels, which you can get with an antenna in higher quality.

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 am

blueiedgod wrote:Let's go Buffalo!

Believe it or not, all of TWC CableCARD support is through Buffalo.

Anyway, glad you got it figured out. When we had ATI DCT before Ceton, it worked with TWC's TA. We had 2 ATI DCT's, rented two CableCARDS and but only needed 1 TA. Ceton was the so much needed light at the end of the tunnel with the quad and then hex tuner capabilities.

Without a TA, you will only be able to get local broadcast channels, which you can get with an antenna in higher quality.
I was actually able to get almost all of my channels without the ATI DCT seeing the tuning adapter. I ended up just waiting and getting my Ceton card back in the mail and so far so good it is still working after they repaired it. I even setup one of my tuners as a network tuner and that is working just fine with a HP thin client that I am using sort of as a ghetto media extender.