SiliconDust HDHomeRun DUAL w/ a Huagpage 1800 (PCI) & 950Q

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

SiliconDust HDHomeRun DUAL w/ a Huagpage 1800 (PCI) & 950Q

Post by stevethebrain » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:17 am

Planning on adding a SiliconDust HDHomeRun DUAL w/ a Huagpage 1800 (PCI) & 950Q (USB)

Plan is to connect antenna to HR then HR to PC w/ supplied cat/5 cable (no router yet). Hopefully I'll have four OTA available HTPC tuners.

When I installed the 1800 & the 950Q I just plugged them in and W7MC installed the software on it’s own.
?1.can I just plug in the Homerundual (w/ the 1800/950 still plugged in) and expect W7MC to install all the SW?

?2. Then rescan for channels for the HR?

?3.When I travel and stay in a Hotel can I connect the HR to my laptop and expect analog cable channels to be tuned in, channels like HBO,showtime ect. (like my Huagpage 950Q is capable of)?

I believe my 950Q is malfunctioning I sometimes get a error code like portions of show was’nt recorded
WinTV 950 tuner demod 885. not sure if the 950Qmodule is parshealley working or if it’s a weak antenna signal
Kindof of pointing the finger at the 950Q because I sometimes get this same error on stronge signal stations.
?4.I understand W7MC decides which available tuner to use for a recording if in fact the 950Q is malfunctioning
Will it never use the 950Q unless I schedule for four recordings at the same time?

Thanks for any advice STB