Can I use WMC IR Blaster instead of Colossus Blaster?

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
InIrons

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can I use WMC IR Blaster instead of Colossus Blaster?

Post by InIrons » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:28 am

Hi,

WMC IR blaster works fine with my Avermedia tuner for set top box, just got the Hauppauge Colossus and cannot get the IR blaster to work, it flashes and its installed on same place on IR eye on cable box.... but I cannot get channels to change.

Can I just use my normal USB bean bag IR blaster instead of the Hauppauge Colossus IR blaster? Or does the colossus WMC driver require its own interoperability/dependency to work with WMC?

cadams8221218

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cadams8221218 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:50 am

yup if u wanna use the bean bag blaster with wmc and the colossus u gotta use an app called eventghost, or lmremote, or ir server suite, i was not able to get any of them to work properly with my colossus and my bean bag ir blaster, i finally got the colossus ir blaster to work in conjuction with the bean bag receiver, make sure the ir emitter is over the right spot on the cable box and try learning your remote codes using the blastcfg program, lookup how to do this in the instructions that came with your colossus , it takes awhile to get the program to learn each button but it should work , you just have to keep trying, i finally got mine working after having the colossus for a year, turns out i had the emitter on the wrong spot on the cable box