HDMI in card in WMC7

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
wally007

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDMI in card in WMC7

Post by wally007 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:16 am

Hello guys,

I'd like to subscribe to Sky UK basic channel so that little one can enjoy Disney Jr. but with advent of new pairing mechanism being implemented ( and refusal using one of their own setup boxes ) I'm wondering whether anyone is using something other than decrypting keys etc ....
Has anyone ever got HDMI-IN cards working in MCE7 ? I know that nearly all of HDMI signal carries HDCP but I've seen some discussion elsewhere of chinese splitters that strip HDCP or HDFurry2 which is also able to get HDCP out of the way.

End result I'm hoping to accomplish would be to use:
Sky HD+ box ->HDMI-IN/HDfurry2->MCE7 along with IR blaster controlling the Sky HD+ BOX.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
-vl

bobbob

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bobbob » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 am

i went that route before i upgraded to the full dreambox decrypting solution which is still serving me well. i had to take a component signal in from the hd fury to a hauppauge HDPVR but in full HD. its fine, just complete rubbish compared to the fully integrated solution. anything relying on a blaster is far, far from 100% reliable.

i don't understand why people are having trouble with sky, mine is still rocking. entitlements update in the dreambox so whats the issue? perhaps its just a problem for new users....