HDHR and InfiniTV6 ETH on same network?

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
EZEd

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDHR and InfiniTV6 ETH on same network?

Post by EZEd » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Anyone out there using both HD Homerun and InfiniTV6 ETH on the same network? I currently have the ITV6 ETH and an Avermedia Duet installed in the computer. The ITV6 ETH is shared over the network, the Duets are not. I want to move to all tuners shared across the network. Is anyone running this setup? Do you have any network issues? I'm currently running 10/100 network, I suppose I will need to upgrade to 10/100/1000? I installed the Ceton setup software on all the network computers. Will I also need to load the Silicon Dust software to each computer as well or will the Ceton software let the computers communicate with the HDHR tuners as well? These will be used as OTA tuners not clearQAM/cable tuners does it matter? Any help and answers will be appreciated.

Thx

raynewman

Post by raynewman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:15 am

I have done the ceton 4 tuner pcie, ceton hex lan, two hdhr and two hdhr-prime in my system.
Only one win7 wmc used the quad pcie tuners but I did enable that one and all the others to be able to use any other lan tuner.
I just disabled tuners in wmc that I did not want to use.
Yes I have 3 wmc.

The hard one to config was the pcie quad tuner and disable the hex lan from ceton because it uses the same software.
The Ceton diagnostic program saw both during setup.
I had to disable lan so Ceton diagnostic was working with local tuners only.
After setup I re-connected lan cable.
Ray

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:36 am

EZEd wrote:These will be used as OTA tuners not clearQAM/cable tuners does it matter? Any help and answers will be appreciated.
Just to clarify - you're talking about adding regular 2-tuner HDHRs to your LAN, not Primes, right? As far as I know, the Primes and the InfiniTV6-ETH don't do OTA (they have QAM tuners, but not ATSC).

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:18 pm

foxwood wrote:Just to clarify - you're talking about adding regular 2-tuner HDHRs to your LAN, not Primes, right? As far as I know, the Primes and the InfiniTV6-ETH don't do OTA (they have QAM tuners, but not ATSC).
Correct, this will be a regular HDHR (2 tuner OTA) and a Ceton ETH6 all on the same network. Since both are network tuners and will be connected to multiple PCs via that network, I'm wondering if there will be any conflicts of having 2 different versions of network tuning software running between multiple machines? My assumption is that I have to install both the Ceton and Silicon Dust software to each machine that will attempt to connect to the matrix of tuners. I'm just wondering if that is going to work before I do it. I don't want to purchase, do software installs across 3 or 4 machines and then find out that I have all these conflicts because everything gets garbled in transmission across the network.

I currently run the Ceton ETH6 with an Avermedia Duet PCIe. But the Avermedia is hosted on only one PC and is not shared over the network. The Ceton is shared and the other 3 machines can see and access the Ceton. I want to have both CableCard and OTA access to all machines over the network and was thinking that Ceton plus HDHR Dual might do it, but then started thinking about 2 different brands both using network access to provide tuner service to 4 machines might not work. I assume HDHR Dual + HDHRPrime probably works because they are the same manufacturer and likely are using the same software/firmware but didn't know how HDHR + Ceton ETH6 might work (if at all).

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Well I run both the ETH6 and the HDHR prime on the same computer just fine so I think it should work...

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Good info - thanx. Think I'll pull the trigger