AverMedia Duet is now available

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
Mike88

HTPC Specs: Show details

AverMedia Duet is now available

Post by Mike88 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:38 am

In case anyone is interested -

While the AverMedia Duet still does not show up on their website it is available for $50 & free shipping from Amazon or $3 shipping from Newegg. Several months ago Avermedia told me it was not discontinued but they were out of them. For $50 I picked up a spare.

http://www.amazon.com/AVerMedia-A188-HD ... =avermedia

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... alParent=1

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:39 am

Is anyone using the avermedia duet 188? I believe its only for Ota broadcasts though. Just curious if they play nice with wmc?

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 am

I use 2 of them & can record 4 HD OTA programs at the same time using WMC7. They supposedly do work with clear QAM but I don't have cable in order to try that.

It's been a long time but I used to read that some people had problems with them disappearing from the device manager & had to re-install the driver. But then I sometimes read people have issues with other brands of tuners.

Anyway the Duet works great for me.

rantanamo

Post by rantanamo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:48 am

I use 2 of the 188's, which I got for $33 each about 4 years ago. They both still work great in tandem with an infinitv4. I used to run the with OTA, but since a storm destroyed my antenna I never bothered to get another. Have been using QAM with them ever since. Don't think I've ever had a problem with them.

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:54 am

Sounds good as I have been debating between one of these or a HD homerun for my Ota. The duet is half the price, but I do like the idea of a network tuner that pcs can share. Although, I have read that the hdhr have a weaker tuner. I have a bit of decision making before my next build. My buddy wants me to build him a htpc and the avermedia sounds great for his application. Maybe that'll be the test drive I need.