"Edit Sources" For Multiple Channels - Tool Available?

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
spedinfargo

HTPC Specs: Show details

"Edit Sources" For Multiple Channels - Tool Available?

Post by spedinfargo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:17 pm

So my Ceton card thinks it is an analog tuner (well, really the guide for my cable company thinks the analog channels are digital) so I need to de-select the four Ceton tuners from my analog channels.

I can do this in Media Center by going to Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels and then selecting the channel, Edit Sources, and deselecting each Ceton tuner from the list and then saving everything out. I have about 50 of these channels to do this way.

Is there some tool or other way of doing this? I originally thought Guide Tool (1geek1tool.com) would do this with the Merge/Split functionality, but it doesn't appear that this is the case.

Before I sit down and start on this mind-numbing task, thought I would ask here...

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Havent used it yet but have a look at this post http://thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=97

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:54 am

It will let you delete the Ceton sources from each channel, but won't do the channels in bulk like you want.
For each channel you want to remove sources from, click the button that lists them in the "Source Channels" column from the Merged Lineups tab.
The source channel management form will pop up, and you can remove the 2 sets of sources that are in your "Scanned (Digital Cable (CableCARD™))" lineup.

At some point I would like to make the InfiniTV to QAM channel mapper (http://thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtop ... f=44&t=217) do what you are trying to do, but currently that application only operates on digital channels, and I think it will in fact not pay attention to the fact the analog channels are NTSC in your channel map when checking that your CableCARD channels all exist, and will re-create the ones you remove.

In order to add analog channel support to it, I would need to know two things that I haven't gotten around to checking yet, because the few channels that are in analog here don't match the channel numbers and setting the analog part of my HVR-2250 up in tuner setup would add them to my guide screwing it up and impacting WAF factor, plus it would be kind of a big code change.

The two things I'm curious about if you look at your guide in the guide editor are:
1. What is the name of the analog scanned lineup? (I assume you have analog tuner(s) set up for those channels? Which option shows them on the bottom menu of the Scanned/Wmis Lineups tab?
2. What modulation type gets used for the analog tuner with analog cable channels? There are 2 or 3 that would make sense. The modulation will be listed in the Tuning Params column if you select the analog scanned lineup on the top menu of the Scanned/Wmis Lineups tab.