dvb-s2, HD and WMC (UK)

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
llololloy

HTPC Specs: Show details

dvb-s2, HD and WMC (UK)

Post by llololloy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:30 pm

There were similar posts on the old green button, but not only did I never find a solution, but my dilemma has changed slightly.
Here we go.

I have a dual dvb-t card, and dvb-s card and a dvb-s2 card. I couldn't get wmc to pick up dvb-s2 channels since getting that card, last night I did a clean reinstall, leaving out the drivers for the dvb-s card.
I was able to scan a single transponder to get the hd dvb-s2 channels I wanted (bbc, itv and channel 4). I then installed the drivers for the dvb-s card, wmc asked me to do anther tv signal setup, and after I did it lost the s2 channels. I rescanned the single transponders but couldn't get it to pick up a signal again.
I've restored to a point before adding the drivers for the dvb-s card and am now rerunning the tv signal setup, but even if it works it will just wipe it again if I add the dvb-s card again.
Any ideas?
At least I know the card works, it's just a wierd bug within media centre.
Can't afford to buy dvblink/tvsource right now to see if that works, but I shouldn't blooming have to anyway.
Everyone who generalises is stupid.

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:46 pm

What cards are you using?
Rich

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Have you tried cancelling the "examining your tv signals" bit and then manually setting up the tuners?

I guess you could set up the two DVB-S cards separately - set up satellite, pick just the dvb-s2 card, set to astra 2ab... then add another satellite tuner and pick the dvb-s card. Then finally add the dvb-t tuners.

It's a long shot, but it might just work :)
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 pm

as mentioned above when it says set-up with these tuners click no, go manual and when you scan satellite choose the s2 card.that should work. my technisat IS dvb-s2 but the drivers don't work in wmc... but the scan from the hauppauge nova-s2 picks up bbc and c4 hd channels fine.
Lee

llololloy

Post by llololloy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks guys, it kind of worked.
I let it auto setup without the dvb-s card. All good. access freeview and freesat and can add the dvb-s2 channels.
went to add the other dvb-s card and it got rid of the dvb-t. added the dvb-t and it cleared the satellite.
So now, having read holidayboys post EXACTLY, I added each card seperately but during the same setup, it's now setting up but I think it will work.
Cheers.
Everyone who generalises is stupid.