Hauppauge 2250

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
Antsy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge 2250

Post by Antsy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 pm

I have two computers, using Windows 7, set up in two different room that I use as HVR's with Windows Media Center, and both have Hauppauge WinTV HVR 2250 dual TV tuners. The problem I am having is that I can't receive or record shows on Discovery or the History channel. If I try to watch them live through WMC, I get a blue screen for a few seconds the a pop up saying "There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily of the air, or you need to adjust or reconnect you TV antenna." If I schedule a recording on one of these channels it fails to record because of a bad signal. The history channel has been like this for several years, but the Discovery channel just started doing this last year. I can watch these channels fine from my TV, the problem only occurs with my computers and WMC.

If I go to edit sources for either if these channels, at the bottom it says Channel Number: 16 (for Discovery) and Quality 100%. I'm not sure if the "Quality 100%" means the signal quality, but if it does, why is it telling me there is no signal detected when I try to watch or record on them. I should also mention I use analog cable, not digital, and the coaxial cables go directly from the wall to the devices. Any Ideas how to fix this?