Hauppauge DCR-2650 Dual CableCard Tuner - Owner's Thread

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
TMan459

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by TMan459 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 am

danart wrote:Yes, I dont have any problems watching BEIN on fios DVR or HD box...the only problem is with my hauppauge on this channel...
Sorry for the late reply.

That's even more strange. I'd say the only thing you can do is call up the cable company and troubleshoot with them, and even a call to Hauppauge wouldn't hurt to verify technical data. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Maybe someone else with FIOS can pipe in and help you further...

Good luck!

Brainsuck

Post by Brainsuck » Sun May 26, 2013 12:40 pm

http://sdrv.ms/12GaF2j new ta driver that is signed for 7 and 8

TMan459

Post by TMan459 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:46 am

Brainsuck wrote:http://sdrv.ms/12GaF2j new ta driver that is signed for 7 and 8
Is this the same TA driver available on Hauppauge's web site but signed properly? Looks like it by the filename.

Just wondering!

Brainsuck

Post by Brainsuck » Thu May 30, 2013 12:37 pm

TMan459 wrote:
Brainsuck wrote:http://sdrv.ms/12GaF2j new ta driver that is signed for 7 and 8
Is this the same TA driver available on Hauppauge's web site but signed properly? Looks like it by the filename.

Just wondering!
Yes got it from them it the same but signed right was told it wound be post there in a week that was two weeks ago

danart

Post by danart » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Problem fixed after ATI card driver update....I still wonder why it was ONLY for that channel...whatever. :wave:

sidd2v

Post by sidd2v » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello all,
I have the dcr-2650 when I got it I hooked it all up with the tuning adapter and only got the network stations. They sent out a serviceman and he couldn't get it working and a week later it started working. Worked fine for a few months and stop saying subscription required, sent out a service call again and couldn't get it working. The TA and 2650 are paired by the cable co. I only get network stations all the rest says subscription required. Any suggestions?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:30 pm

It sounds like your CableCARD doesn't know what entitlements you have. You need to call the cable company and have them send the appropriate signals to your CableCARD so that it will know to which channels you subscribe.

sidd2v

Post by sidd2v » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:46 pm

richard1980 wrote:It sounds like your CableCARD doesn't know what entitlements you have. You need to call the cable company and have them send the appropriate signals to your CableCARD so that it will know to which channels you subscribe.

That was done it did work once about 20 mins after they sent the signal. I have called for them to do it again, no luck.
Sorry forgot to include that in my original post.

soccerdad

Post by soccerdad » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Also make sure your tuning adapter is really working. If it disconnects, then you will get the subscription required message. Happened to me a lot if the PC went to sleep. It never reconnected. Try unplugging the TA and or the DCR, then plug it back in. Or try a full PC restart. For me the PC to TA connection was the weak link. That is why I got an HD homerun Prime to replace it. The TA is connected directly to the Prime. Most don't have this issue, but I did. They did put some new software out at the beginning of the year. Make sure you are current.

Brainsuck

Post by Brainsuck » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Get the New beta Firmware and you can do this http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/s ... -2650.html
Attachments
Media player 12 New Trick.jpg

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Brainsuck wrote:Get the New beta Firmware and you can do this http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/s ... -2650.html
Do what? All you showed was a news channel (which is available without any special beta firmware) in a picture that was taken using the "Screen Print" button on a dual-monitor system (instead of using ALT+ScreenPrint).

hooraah

Post by hooraah » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 pm

So I just picked up one of these DCR-2650s today from a friend that was going to throw it out. I didn't really ask any questions about why (figuring they probably had trouble with the cable card thing).

Anyway, assuming it works, I'm trying to get a definitive answer regarding if this thing has an ATSC tuner in it or not. I've been searching around for awhile and I think I have 3 in the yes column and 5 in the no column....

I already have an HDhomerun Prime 3CC for my cablecard needs. I'd like to just use this to tune 2 additional ATSC channels. ClearQAM would be fine as well if Comcast didn't take away all but 1 station under clearQAM :(

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:47 pm

I used to have a 2650. IIRC, it did not have an ATSC tuner. It's essentially the 2-tuner version of the Prime. I would sell it and get something else, if I were you.

hooraah

Post by hooraah » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:07 pm

mdavej wrote:I used to have a 2650. IIRC, it did not have an ATSC tuner. It's essentially the 2-tuner version of the Prime. I would sell it and get something else, if I were you.
Thanks. I will probably check to make sure it works with clearQAM so I don't sell someone a dud and then put it up on ebay. Too bad.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:20 pm

hooraah wrote:
mdavej wrote:I used to have a 2650. IIRC, it did not have an ATSC tuner. It's essentially the 2-tuner version of the Prime. I would sell it and get something else, if I were you.
Thanks. I will probably check to make sure it works with clearQAM so I don't sell someone a dud and then put it up on ebay. Too bad.
It works as ClearQAM without the CableCARD, if your provider offers ClearQAM (very few do)

DrSmith

Post by DrSmith » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:40 am

My 2650 had been working fine for 6+ months and seems to have died today. It's now an "unknown device" on USB. I tried power cycling the 2650, USB unplug/replug, WMC PC reboot, no luck. I took the 2650 to another PC and plugged it in fresh. Still "unknown device" on USB and "no devices found" when I try to install the Hauppauge driver. I have contacted Hauppauge for service but...

1) Maybe someone on this forum has an idea of something else to try?

2) I'm pretty sure it's broken, so my follow-on question is - do I have to get a new cable card from Comcast or will the current card re-pair with any dual tuner device that I might replace the 2650 with?

DrSmith

Post by DrSmith » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Answering my own questions here for future readers I suppose...
1) Nothing else to try. Nice folks at Hauppauge support heard my story, gave me an RMA # and now the replace/repair process is underway. In the mean time I have no access to cable TV, but that's okay. I only had ComcastTV because the TV+internet bundle was cheaper than internet alone.

2) I think if they repair and return my exact unit then I don't have any cablecard issues. Otherwise, if they send a replacement unit I will have to do the cablecard re-pair phone dance with Comcast. My previous dealing with cablecard set up went fine, but dealing with any other part of Comcast support has always been a nightmare. Crossing fingers...

DrSmith

Post by DrSmith » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Got a replacement 2650 unit back today from Hauppauge. Called Comcast and the old cablecard refused to un-pair with its old 2650, so I went to my local Comcast office and got a new cablecard issued amd returned the old cablecard. Had to make a 2nd trip to the Comcast local office because the new card was not properly assigned to my account and the activation dept cannot assign cards only activate them.

So 3 calls to activation dept and 2 trips to local Comcast office and the replacement 2650 and new cablecard are finally operating as expected. Hope I get more than 7 months out of this new tuner. No wonder WMC is on the Microsoft back-burner (end of life?, almost abandoned?). CableCo just makes it too hard to use other equipment

Araltd

Post by Araltd » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:11 am

I need some help... I recently got a WinTV-DCR-2650 cablecard tuner, using on time warner cable with cable company supplied tuner adapter from motorola. During install on windows 7 ultimate windows media center, upon completion of setup from latest downloaded drivers I get this error:

error unknown getset variable (201059CB) at 192.168.63.25

Now, after that I can go into WMC, setup tv signals, see the calecard tuners, however after restarting WMC no longer has access to them until I re-install the drivers... the tuners are listed in device manager, and I can go to the IP above and access the menus, but WMC wont access them until I reinstall the drivers again.

Even when WMC can access the cablecard tuners, I can not ch+ or ch- ... if I do I get no tv signal, but if I stop current playback of cablecard viewing, then select the next channel in the guide it will tune in....but simply advancing channels doesnt work. I have to manually stop the viewing of the current channel, go back to guide and select another channel for it to tune in.

The cable company has been excellent in trying to help me, with many hours logged on the phone, new cable cards, re-running new direct cable feed for the cablecard...but the end results are always the same.

Any advice?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:52 pm

I can't help with that specific error. But I can tell you that my 2650 never worked correctly (bogus tuner not available, etc.). So I highly recommend you replace it with a HD HomeRun Prime. Silicon Dust makes both the 2650 and the HomeRun, but the latter gets all the updates and support from SD, so it runs much better. Used ones are pretty reasonable, and you can sometimes get them on sale for about $80.

Otherwise, search the SD forums as well since the internals are the same. I saw one reference to your issue here in a Myth forum:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/m ... vnz/542972